Samsung has recently launched the Galaxy S7 edge and it has toppled the mobile market by bringing a superb user experience and whole new innovation. After a while of wait comes the SuperMan Nougat custom ROM with a whole new bunch of features that makes it much smoother, faster and much more stable. Below, in this guide we have mentioned all the steps to Install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge device. The Custom ROM we will be installing is SuperMan Nougat ROM.
Although installing custom ROM your phone gives you admin control of your phone but it also involves a lot of risk. Failing to follow the steps properly can result in bricking your device and the repair can cost the price of the phone itself. After installing custom ROM, you cannot claim warranty in case your device malfunctions in future.
Please make sure to go through these prerequisites prior to installing custom ROM.
- The method is specific for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F. Don’t attempt this method on other variants.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- You need to have a custom recovery (i.e TWRP) installed on your device. Stock recovery won’t work.
- The process wipes data from your device, so please create a backup of your important data on an SD-card or PC.
- Make sure you have a battery backup of at least 50%.
Install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge device:
Follow the below steps carefully to Install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge device.
- First of all, download the SuperMan Nougat Custom ROM onto your PC.
- Connect your device to PC using a USB/data cable. Please ensure your PC has the right drivers and it detects your device.
- Copy/Paste the downloaded custom ROM from your PC to your phone’s directory. Avoid pasting in folders/subfolders.
- Now disconnect the phone from the PC and turn it off.
- Now press the Power+Home+Volume-up buttons together to enter the recovery mode of your phone.
- Once, you have successfully entered the recovery mode. Wipe the data by tapping the said button.
- After wiping data, perform a factory reset of the phone by swiping the labelled slider.
- Now, from the main menu, tap the “Install” button and select the SuperMan Nougat file that you recently copied to your phone’s directory.
- In the next step, you will be asked for confirmation for flashing. Proceed accordingly and the installation process shall begin.
- After the installation is successfull, tap the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button.
- Now reboot your device to enjoy the new SuperMan Nougat ROM.
- The last step is to verify. For that, head over to Settings>About phone to check the installed ROM.
In case you encountered a problem, leave it below in the comment section. We will try our best to reply and rectify it.
Follow us up on Facebook to get root updates on upcoming devices.