If you’re using LG V10, then there is a good news for you. Marshmallow update is now available for LG V10 and is rolling out. If you are using the stock ROM Android OS, and want to Upgrade LG V10 to Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware this is the guide for you.
If you want to properly manage the Android update for LG V10 then this guide is perfect for you.
Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 comes with many new features which are quite useful for the customers like improved settings, enhanced permission controls, direct share and much more. If you are tired of your phone getting stuck, then don’t worry and go for marshmallow update.
The update has just started, so it might take some time to get notification of updating your system on your phone. If you don’t want to wait and go for updating, then you can do that manually by going to settings.
Pre-requisites list to Upgrade LG V10 to Marshmallow 6.0.1
Before you starting system upgrade, you need to keep a check on a few things. These are mentioned below.
- Remember that this guide is only for LG V10, do not use the same method for any other device as each one has different requirements depending upon the system and OS.
- Install LG V10 USB drivers before updating the system.
- Keep a backup for all of your data including your contacts, call logs, messages, photos, files etc. You can use Google drive, SD card, Dropbox and other such options for making a backup.
- Enable USB Debugging from settings > Developer options.
- Keep your cell phone charged so that the process is not interrupted. Keep at least 50% battery.
If you are done with the above mentioned points, you are now good to go for the system up gradation to Marshmallow 6.0.1.
Easy Procedure to Upgrade LG V10 to Marshmallow 6.0.1
- First of all, download the full package of Marshmallow firmware and LGUP tool to manually update your Android OS. You can get this firmware from the following link.
- Save the firmware on your computer.
- Then power off your phone. Press and hold “Power + Volume Up” buttons so that it could boot in download mode.
- Connect your phone with computer via USB.
- Launch LGUP tool which is designed especially for LG V10.
- Select “Upgrade” in the LGUP tool for the stock firmware. If you are using custom ROM, then select “refurbish” so that it can be replaced by stock firmware.
In this process, your data can be deleted. So make sure to have a backup.
- Then navigate to “FilePath” section and find .kdz file for marshmallow that you have downloaded previously. Click “Start” to start installing updates.
- Wait for a few minutes until the updates are installed.
- When the installation is complete, reboot your phone.
If you are using a custom ROM or a stock ROM then this guide is best for you to update LG V10 to Marshmallow 6.0.1. Hope it will work with your phone.