This guide will help you to install Marshmallow custom ROM Oppo N3. This latest Android 6.0 ROM is easy to install. Just follow the steps in the tutorial below.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we will be updating Oppo N3 to latest Android version using CyanogenMod ROM. You can use any other custom ROM and use this method to flash it on your phone.
Is it the official update?
No, this isn’t.
This ROM is a custom ROM and it was posted on XDA forum under Oppo N3 CyanogenMod.
Since this is a custom ROM in it’s early stage (alpha), there will be some bugs. So be prepared to deal with them while you wait for an update of this ROM by the developers.
If you want to update your phone using the official update, you will need to follow these steps.
- Go to phone settings. From there, look for About Phone.
- Inside About Phone, you should be able to see software update. Click it.
- Your phone will look for the latest version of firmware. If there is a new official version available, you will get a notification. Click the notification to start updating Oppo N3 to Marshmallow using the official ROM via OTA.
Before you move ahead, be sure to use this guide to update Oppo N3 only. It doesn’t work with other models. Moreover, check your phone battery and charge it if it’s below 60%. Finally, make a backup.
How to install custom ROM Oppo N3
To install a custom ROM Oppo N3, you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device. You will also need to install TWRP custom recovery on your phone.
You will also need to download ROM files and Gapps. Links are provided below.
Once you have downloaded these files (zip format), connect your phone to your PC. You will need to install USB drivers for Oppo before you can establish a connection using a USB cable. Moreover, you will need to enable USB debugging on your mobile to transfer data.
After the connection has been established, move the downloaded files to your mobile.
Reboot your device. You will need to go to custom recovery (TWRP in this case) in order to proceed with the tutorial.
When your device boots in custom recovery, it’s time to start installations. Follow the steps below.
- Look at different tools that your custom recovery offers. There should be a tool that will let your flash ZIP files to your phone. Click this option and follow the next step.
- When asked for file source, browse to the custom ROM Oppo N3 that you downloaded earlier. The ROM file should be in your phone memory by this time.
- Now let the flashing process complete. As soon as it does, restart the device.
- Now go back to custom recovery and flash the Gapps just the way you flashed ROM file in the previous step.
- Wait for procedure to finish. Reboot your phone.
- Enjoy Marshmallow custom ROM on this amazing device by Oppo.