Karbonn Titanium S1 Plus is a decent quality Android smartphone that was released in the year 2014. I have already written a tutorial for rooting this device, but it wasn’t working for few variants of Titanium S1 Plus. For those people, I am writing a tutorial to Karbonn Titanium S1 Plus by installing Philz CWM recovery.
By following the procedure given below, you will be able to install CWM recovery in your device along with gaining root privileges. Once you have gained root privileges, you can install custom ROM firmware of your choice, custom-built Android applications, remove unwanted system applications, and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your Karbonn smartphone will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back until you unroot your device. Also, sometimes rooting your device might get it bricked and if that happens, don’t held me liable. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) The rooting procedure for Karbonn Titanium S1 Plus given here is not a data-loss process, but it won’t hurt to have a backup of smartphone’s personal data. So, take a complete backup before getting started with the procedure.
2) Next, download Karbonn USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode in your smartphone. To do that, you will first need to enable Developer options by following this path: Settings -> About Phone and then tap on the build number for 5-7 times. Next, to enable USB debugging, you will need to follow this guide.
4) Ensure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the procedure. Also, ensure that you have deactivated antivirus programs in your computer as well.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main tutorials given below.
Tutorial To Install Philz CWM Recovery In Karbonn Titanium S1 Plus:
1) To get started, download Philz CWM Recovery image for Karbonn Titanium S1 Plus and save it in your computer. Once done, download Universal Android AIO Flasher Tool to your computer. Once downloaded, “Android AIO Flasher” executable file to launch up its window.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Once done, go to the Android AIO Flasher, select “Fastboot Mode” under “Reboot Menu” and then click on “Reboot” to boot your device into Fastboot mode.
3) Once done, choose “Recovery” under “Fastboot Flasher -> Select Partition“, select the Philz CWM recovery image by click on “Select File” and click on “Flash” to begin the flashing process.
4) Once is flashing process is over, you can unplug your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished flashing Philz CWM recovery in your Karbonn smartphone. Let’s find out how to root your Karbonn Android smartphone.
Tutorial To Root Karbonn Titanium S1 Plus:
1) To get started, download SuperSU zip package to your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using an original data cable, transfer the SuperSU file to your device’s SD card and then disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
2) Now, switch off your smartphone and boot into the CWM recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
3) Once you are in the CWM recovery mode, select “Install Zip” and choose the SuperSU file which you have transferred to your SD card in Step 1 to begin the flashing process.
4) Once the flashing process gets finished, reboot your device normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Karbonn Titanium S1 Plus. For confirmation, go to your Apps Menu and look for SuperSU app. If you can find it there, then the rooting process is successfully finished. Alternatively, you can confirm the rooting privileges by using the Root Checker app from Google Play store.
If you encounter any issues while following the CWM recovery installation tutorial and rooting tutorial, do let me know by dropping a comment below.