How To Root ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Android Smartphone

ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini is a quality Android smartphone released by ZTE Corporation on April 2015. The device comes with plenty of high-end features like the 5-inch touchscreen display that is powered by 1.5 GHz Cortex A53 based quad-core processor along with a 2 GB RAM, and the device runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Android smartphone.

By rooting ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Android smartphone, you will be able to install custom-built Android applications which only supports rooted devices, or install custom ROM firmware’s, or remove the pre-installed applications in the device and do a lot other things.

WARNING: Rooting your ZTE smartphone will result in the lost of your device warranty and you won’t be able to claim it, unless you unroot your device. Also, if you don’t follow the instructions carefully while rooting, then your device might get bricked and if that happens don’t held me liable. Please proceed at your OWN risk.

Root ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini

1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is always important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take the backup using appropriate apps.

2) Once done, enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (just tap on the box next to it, to enable this option). If you can’t see Developer options in your device, then follow this path to enable it: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 5-7 times to enable it).

3) Next, download ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.

4) Make sure that you have a disabled antivirus program in your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting process. Also, make sure that your device has enough battery backup to withstand the rooting procedure.

Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can proceed to the main rooting tutorial given below.

Tutorial To Root ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Android Smartphone:

1) To get started, download Nubia Z9 Mini rooting kit compressed package to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the .rar package and save the extracted files to a folder in your computer. Now, open that folder and click on the file named as “r-o-o-t.bat“.

2) Now, you will see a command window opening up in your computer. Once you see the command window, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable.

3) Next, enter the numbers “1” or “2” and wait for the program to process your entry. Once you see the message “Waiting for devices” in the command window, switch off your smartphone, press the Volume – button and Power button until you the Boot Menu. Once you see the Boot Menu in your device, press Reboot to begin the rooting process.

4) That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini smartphone. For confirmation, after your device reboots look for KingUser app in your device. If it is located there (it will be there for sure), then your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store to confirm the root privileges of your device.

If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, just drop in a comment below. I will get back to you with a solution shortly.

Comments

1. hi, it’s not work in my case. the reboot menu was show up but there are 4 option of reboot – i chose the 1st one. it turned on the phone, but did’t change anything. the screen on the computer (command window) also didn’t show up any thing further than “waiting for devices”…. hixhix

Have you installed the USB drivers before trying this procedure? If not, install it and then given it a try.

3. Do you have a rooting method and gapps installation for the Nubia z9 Max ?

4. Milind bhor says:

Link of “ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Rooting Kit” is not opening…Can you share it with google drive?

5. Sure, I will do!

6. Not yet, but I will provide you one soon!

7. Ryan Dmello says:

Hello Sathish,

The rooting kit link seems to be broken.

Could you please share it with me over email?

Thanks !

8. hi, will you have root for Z9 Max ? thanks.

9. Sure, I will share a working rooting tutorial for your device shortly.

10. Hello,

I’ve the Nubia Z9 max with snapdragon 615.GB RAM 5.5 Inch Android 5.0 Hi-Fi 4G LTE and I don’t find a tutorial to root it.
    I try kingoroot, rootgenius but that doesn’t work.

my configuration is :
    – nubia ui v2.8.1
    – android version :5.0.2
    – hw version: NX512JMB
    – building version : NX512J_CNCommon_V2.11

Do you think I can use the tutorial for the mini, the hardware is the same…

Thanks!

Since the hardware is the same, you can follow this tutorial to root your device.

12. Thank you for your answer. I’ve tried but I’ve this message :
    “daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037
    CreateProcess failure, error 123
    failed to start daemon
    error : cannot connect to daemon ”

Have you an idea?
    Thanks a lot!

13. I have the same problem, pls help 🙂

14. My Nubia max S615 is now rooting!!!
    I used this soft the software given in Rooting Resources for N9 Mini and it’s good!

1) Your smartphone must be in the USB debugging mode
    Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 5-7 times to enable it)
    2) Download the soft
    3) Connect your smartphone to your computer
    4) Execute the programm
    5) Press the number 5 (SuperUser)
    After you must wait. You’ll see the boot menu, press the power button to reboot the phone
    Your phone is now rooting!

Thanks for the tip!

16. Christian says:

Hi. I brought a Nubia Z9 mini from a Chinese seller I have used before. Great phone but it is saying that all my apps aren’t available in my country (UK) and I know they are as I have then on my other phone. There are also widgets with Chinese adverts and pop ups which can’t be deleted. Will rooting it resolve these issues or is there another way to make it work in the UK? Thanks.

Rooting won’t solve your issue. The only way to fix your issue is by flashing a ROM which supports English language alone. But I am not sure whether there is one available for your device.

18. Christian says:

Thanks for your advice. The phone is available un the UK (but without twin sim cards) so it should be available. I’ve contacted the manufacturer via their US website but have not had much luck!