How To Root InFocus M2 And Install Custom Recovery

InFocus M2 is a good quality Android smartphone, released by the American smartphone manufacturers “InFocus” on March 2015. The device is an instant hit in the smartphone market, because of its low price with good configurations. Some of the key specifications of the device are: 4.2 Inch Touchscreen display, 1.3 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, 8-megapixel front and rear view camera with Flash, 2010 mAh batter, 8 GB internal storage and the device runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system.

If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root this device, so that you can remove the pre-installed applications or to install custom ROM firmware’s which are running on newer Android versions or to install applications which only supports rooted devices, then you are in the right web space. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Root InFocus M2 along with instructions to install custom recovery in it.

WARNING: Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty. Also, if you don’t follow the instructions given here carefully, you might get your device bricked and if that happens, don’t held me or Android Root Guides responsible. Please proceed with CAUTION.

Root InFocus M2 And Install Custom Recovery

1) The rooting procedure which I have given here is not a data-loss process. But, it is safe to take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone so that you can be on the safer side.

2) Next, you have to enable USB debugging mode by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you haven’t enabled Developer options before, then follow this path to enable it: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the build number for 5-7 times to enable Developer options).

3) Next, download InFocus USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can successfully connect InFocus M2 smartphone with the PC.

4) Ensure that your smartphone has a decent battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you have deactivated or uninstalled Antivirus programs in your computer, as they tend to interrupt the rooting process.

Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.

Tutorial To Root InFocus M2:

1) To get started, download iRoot software and install it in your computer. Once done, open up iRoot Window.

2) Now, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. If you have installed the InFocus USB drivers properly, your smartphone will connect successfully with the computer, and you will see a “Connected” message in the iRoot window.

3) Next, click on the “Root” button in iRoot to begin the rooting process, which might take several minutes to get completed.

4) Once the rooting procedure is over, your smartphone will get rebooted automatically, and you will see a success message in the iRoot window. Now, unplug your smartphone from the computer.

That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting InFocus M2 Android smartphone. If you want to confirm the root privileges in your device, then use the Root Checker application from Google Play store.

Tutorial To Install Custom Recovery In InFocus M2:

1) To get started, download InFocus M2 custom recovery and save it in your computer. Once done, extract the download file and save its content in your desktop.

2) Next, download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot in your computer. Make sure that you have installed the Minimal ADB and Fastboot in your computer’s main partition.

3) Now, click on the Minimal ADB and Fastboot shortcut in your desktop to open up its Command Window. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using Original USB data cable.

4) Next, enter the following command in the command window to reboot your device into the Fastboot mode:

adb reboot bootloader

5) Now, enter the following command to flash the custom recovery:

fastboot flash recovery ClockWorkMod-recovery-Infocus-M2.img

If you would just want to boot your device into the custom recovery mode, then enter the following command:

fastboot boot recovery ClockWorkMod-recovery-Infocus-M2.img

6) Once the flashing process is over, enter the following command to reboot:

fastboot reboot

That’s it. Now you have successfully finished installing custom Recovery in your InFocus M2 Android smartphone.

If you encounter any issues while following the rooting and custom recovery installation tutorials, do let me know by dropping a comment below.

Comments

1. hi bro!
    I downloaded the infocus m2 custom recovery but i’m unable to extract it as it asks for a password to do so. Please help!

2. The password for the compressed file is “taiwan101” (use without quotation).

3. ysalunke007 says:

can u plz upload the stock rom backup (rom dump) for m2 no update.zip

4. Raju Vishwakarma says:

Please Upload a Stock Rom For Infocus M2 3G

I will do it shortly.

6. S.K.Misra says:

Sir, I recently purchased Infocus M2 3g phone. During amending some settings I marked/unmarked something in ” Call Back ” app’s settings, now phone does’nt open any program and I can’t use it. I tried to reset it but could not do it reset to factory mode. Kindly help me to do reset or recovery mode. Thanx

7. S.K.Misra says:

Sir when I press volume up + power button it says “no command”.

8. After flashing recovery the phone is getting restarted again and again. Pls guide me.

9. nisijin says:

I can’t install Infocus usb driver. I click Your Link “download InFocus USB drivers” above.
    and I downloaded a file. But I found a downloaded files all is “MTKxx” driver.
    Infocus Soc is not “MTKxx” but Snapdragon.
    and so I can’t install Infocus M2 driver.
    Please help me!

10. I accidentally locked my infocus m2
    I’ve not root it till now
    no custom recovery flashed
    even the internet is turned off
    bro help me to fix it

11. nisijin says:

I have some trouble. adb driver don’t work correctly.
    and so I have some question.
    a link above ” download InFocus USB drivers” is “MTKxx” driver, isn’t it?
    a downloaded file’ name is “All MTK USB Driverv.9.2.PDanet.Adb 2015”.
    I know Infocus M2 is not “MTKxx” but Snapdragon.
    and adb driver can’t work.
    Please help me.

12. nisijin says:

My PC is Win7 sp1 32 bit
    SDK tool is already installed.

The ADB driver I have given here is the right one. What did the computer says when you try to connect your device?

You have to flash Stock ROM to fix this issue. Unfortunately, the stock ROM for your device is not available yet. I will let you know once it is available.

15. hello sir, the recovery img which you have provided is not for 3g version , it is for 4g which uses snapdragon soc.you hav just copied the information from ( https://www.facebook.com/tw101.rom.factory/photos/a.130835110409243.27488.130833580409396/368571303302288/ ).if any one follows these steps you surely brick your angel….

16. nisijin says:

Hi, Sathish
    Thank you for repling my question.
    and I appologize post same comment twice.
    When I posted first, I can’t find my commet posted.
    so I posted again.

Infocus M2 “Settings” – “Storage” – “Menu” (above right ) -“USB computer connection”

When I choose “CONNECT AS” – “Only Charge”, then
    Infocus M2 is mounted as cd-rom drive.
    Property of “cd-rom” mounted is “Linux File-Stor Gadget USB device”

otherwhile I choose “CONNECT AS” – “Media device(MTP), then
    Infocus M2 is mounted as “portable device” – “Infocus M2” – “Internal Storage”
    and I can acces Infocus M2’s internal file.

I tried to overwrite “USB mass Storage” driver to adb driver,
    but my computer says “Correct driver is already installed.”
    so I can’t install adb driver!

17. hi satish
    please help me how to get recovery mode in infocusm2 or any other reset code to factory reset seetings to infocusm2 ,because my mobiles touch is not working at the bottom of the display

18. pls help me in changing the language of mobile demon app in my phone which automatically got installed after rooting …..?

19. Hi… please let me know to recover files from safebox app. i just forget the passwaord for that… If anyone knows that please let me share.

Well, try to recover the password. Or else, you can’t recover it at all.

21. This instruction will brick and Infocus M2(4G)!!!!! Recovery size is larger than recovery partition in Infocus M2(4G). Author, please remove this instruction!!!

22. haresh b solanki says:

Dear friend i have successfully root my infocus M2 mobile. But while i am trying to install custom recovery via your suggested commands .

on first command… it shows following errors

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb reboot bootloader
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    reboot failed: -1

after running 2nd command waiting for device …wait for so long no responds from command or for mobile…

on all the command it waiting for the device and

please suggest

23. The i root software is to be installed in phone or in computer…
    Brcause its an APK file..

Install it in your device!

Don’t install this custom recovery. This belongs to a different version!

26. Is there an easy way to install google apps that work properly other than custom recovery?

Nope. Using custom recovery to upload Gapps is the best way.

28. Ok but when i try do the first command i get this error in the minmal ADB command prompt

adb server is out of date. killing…
    ADB server didn’t ACK
    * failed to start daemon *
    error: unknown host service

I’m new to this method of installing custom recovery.

Don’t install this custom recovery unless you are using a 4G version of the device.

30. Hello there
    i have m2 4g lte phone
    and i cant do anything. yes i was connect with cwm but status 7 dont finishing
    trying different roms but no change

i am looking multi lang and 4.4.x/5.x.x android rom

i try others and now my phone on staring logo and staying there
    cant open recovery and dont connect on adb

what i will do ?

31. Hello there

now i am using my m2 4g lte phone
    my friend find it solution and my phone is alive…
    adb listing devices “adb devices” but fastboot cant listing with ” fastboot devices”

because classic and standard fastboot.exe dont arrive to phone on usb 🙂
    you must fix your shared codes.. because is wrong and dont working on m2 4G lte vers..

fastboot flash recovery ClockWorkMod-recovery-Infocus-M2.img

if you dont write this codes, recovery NOT open.. because dont understand what will do with flash command?

sooo…

tech is very fast changing/growing and commands is changing

if you wanna share TRUE exp, you must have phone… dont share copy/paste
    many guys brick phones with your old commands

I am not copy/pasting like you have suggested. I have tested these methods with my friends phone and then only I post all these tutorials here. Anyway, thanks for you tip. I will change the command codes as you have suggested.

33. Anandh Rajakumar says:

Please update latest posts for infocus m2

I have already done that!

35. hello Sathish,
    first thank you for sharing.
    I’ve followed all the steps you mentionned above sucessfullly until the Fastboot mode.
    I mean that when I write the command “adb reboot bootloader” my phone goes in Fastboot mode (I suppose… ^^), then I type the second line “fastboot flash recovery ClockWorkMod-recovery-Infocus-M2.img”, and my cmd windows says “”.
    any advice?
    thanks again

36. cmd windows “waiting for device” ***

37. Your device isn’t connected with the computer. Reinstall USB drivers and then try the process again!

38. Everything worked until this command below, any ideas?

C:\TW101_Infocus-M2-recovery>fastboot flash recovery ClockWorkMod-recovery-Infocus-M2.img
    target reported max download size of 2147483648 bytes
    sending ‘recovery’ (11054 KB)…
    OKAY [ 0.605s]
    writing ‘recovery’…
    FAILED (remote: size too large)
    finished. total time: 0.609s

39. RAHUL MEENA says:

i have win 8 when i install infocus m2 drivers .Phone_F_USB_Driver_v3.3.0.msi…
    its successful but in windows device manager it shows error in mtp drivers when i tried to autoupdate mtp drivers it showed error driver class is not present or invalid … i am unable to connect my phone to pc…. which is important for rooting .. any help?

Alright, I will look into this issue and will provide you a solution shortly.

41. Twinklestar1792 says:

Hi Sathish,
    I bought Infocus M2 Lte from DHGate.com china e-commerce site yesterday. I found there is no google services, so i downloaded apk and installed. While opening, screen blinks like opening the app, but its not and we can find app running through opened application.
    Give me a solution to fix google related services.

42. Hi i got my infocus m2, but facing some problem :: how to clear the applications which are running in backend,and if i open messages it wil get hang, please give me solution. Is it a phone problem r wat ?

Use Task Master and use to kill backend applications.

44. my phone was rooted succesfully by iroot and then i go to settings in my infocus m2 go to about phone click software update it shows software update is available then i click my old data are erase r not including screen pattern

45. I had my infocus M2 rooted thorugh Iroot which I had forgotten. So when I got an OTA update for my phone. I ran the update and the phone is not turning on now. It is just restarting again and again after showing the Infocus Logo.

46. Please assist me my phone is just restarting on and on and on

47. A software update is available for the phone .but i should not update bcoz its rooted .it will cause a bootloop .if anyone gets a successful update on rooted infocus m2 please tell me

48. khemarak says:

Hi sir after first command ,my phone reboot and it stuck on “Infocus” after that I write second command it says “waiting for device ” for a long time. Now stuck on …no continues .How to return back ?

Disconnect your device, reinstall drivers and then try again!

50. hii, please help me i think i kinda bricked my phone, it keeps restarting so i cant use adb fastboot, is there any other method to enter fastboot mode? or somehow factory reset it?

51. same here someone help me after new update i installed its continue restarted.

52. vaisakh says:

sir,
    i updated my phone throw wifi,
    but it shows an error,
    then now it shows no command ,
    what is next solution?

Bricked or no bricked, you can enter into fastboot mode by pressing the correct key combinations.

54. I can but it is not getting recognized by Minimal ADB and Fastboot.

55. ashish raj says:

sir help me on this one..
    i root should be in your phone..
    usb drivers should be in ur pc..
    iroot in ur pc..
    then, connect and root it..
    is it right??
    plzz reply..

Yes, that’s right. That’s how you root your device.

57. Sir i got update today i downloaded it and now my phone is in boot loop and i cant find stock rom i have downloaded 2 roms till now from needroms
    LSO-2260-0-00WW-A02-update 900mb
    and
    LSO-2310WW_0506_lite_root 586MB
    but non of them are working please help

58. Ashish raj says:

sir, one last question..
    my phone is asking for an update..
    so, will it be fine to first update and then root it..??

plzz replyy..

59. Boopathi says:

I have faced same problem by forgotten pattern lock

Here is the video I found which will help you to reset easily

Thanks for the tip!

Yes, it is absolutely alright!

62. Twinklestar1792 says:

After hard reset, I need to power off and restart device to make mobile data to work. Is there any solution or fix or settings to switch automatically between WiFi and Mobile data?

63. Kemu Kasyap says:

Hi..
    My Smrtphne Infocus M2 …
    There pattern lock Suddenly changed ….
    how can i retify that problem …
    Plz Guide Me ….
    With Link ..

64. shanmugam says:

Hi Sathish ,

I want to install iOS 7 Rom, When i press Volume up button and Power button, i din`t get any response. Can i need to Root my Device ? or what can i do ?

Yes, you will need to root your device and install custom recovery in it before installing any custom ROMs.