Sony Xperia E3 is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 4.5 inch IPS touchscreen display powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, alongside a 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. The 2330 mAh battery is powerful enough to hold long talk-time hours but the 5 mega pixel camera is not good enough for the device of this quality.
Anyway, if you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, so that you can install custom ROM firmware’s, or to install custom-built Android applications, etc., then you are in the right webpage. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to Root Sony Xperia E3 (D2202/D2203/D2206/D2212/D2243) Android smartphone.
WARNING: Rooting your Sony smartphone will void’s warranty and you won’t be able to claim it. Also, if anything goes wrong and your device gets bricked while following this rooting tutorial, then don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN wish.
1) The rooting tutorial I have given here required you to unlock your bootloader, which will wipe out all the personal data in your device. So, take backup of all your personal data and then unlock your device’s bootloader by following this guide: http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/
2) Ensure that your device has enough battery backup to withstand bootloader unlocking and rooting. Also ensure that you have installed Sony Xperia E3 USB drivers in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Make sure that you have closed the Sony PC companion program and deactivated any antivirus applications, as they tend to interfere with the rooting procedure.
Once you have done all these prerequisites, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Sony Xperia E3 (D2202/D2203/D2206/D2212/D2243):
1) To get started, download Flashtool and install it your computer. Once done, download D2202 boot.img file if you are using D2202 or D2212 variants and download D2203 boot.img file if you are using D2203 or D2206 and D2243 variants of the device and save it in your computer.
2) Next, open Flashtool program and choose FASTBOOT mode. Once done, switch off your smartphone and while pressing Volume plus button connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable.
3) Next load the D2202 boot.img for D2202/D2212 variants and D2203 boot.img for D2203/D2206/D2243 variants in the Flashtool and start the flashing process. Once done, you will see an OKAY message. Here is the log file you will get while flashing the boot.img:
sending ‘boot’ (15286 KB)…
OKAY [ 0.495s]
finished. total time: 0.497s
4) Once the flashing process is over, you can close Flashtool and disconnect the device from the computer. Once done, download SuperSU and transfer it your device’s SD card by connecting it back to when your device is switched on.
5) Next, switch off your device. Once done, switch it on while pressing the Volume plus and minus button simultaneously to boot into the CWM recovery (which comes preinstalled with the boot.img that you have flashed in Step 3).
5) Once you are in the recovery mode, choose “Install Zip from SD card” and choose the SuperSU zip file to start the flashing process. Once it is over, reboot your device normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting all variants of Sony Xperia E3. To confirm the rooting process, you can use the root checker app from Google Play store. If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.