Oppo R819 is a decent quality Android Smartphone, which comes with a 4.7 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by a Cortex A7 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, alongside a 1 GB RAM. The device runs on Android 4.2.1 Jellybean operating system. The other main features of this device are it’s 8 mega pixel camera and 2000 mAh lithium-ion battery.
If you have purchased this Android smartphone and looking for a way to get root privileges, then you are in the right page. Here, I have given step by step tutorial to Root Oppo R819 without using a computer. By rooting your device, you will be able to flash custom ROM firmware, install custom Android apps, remove bloat ware, etc. Let’s find out how to root your device.
WARNING: Rooting your Android device will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting might result in bricked device. If any of those happens, you should not held us responsible. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process. But, if you want to be on the safer side, then you can take complete backup of personal data’s in your smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Next, enable Installation of apps from Unknown sources in your device by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources (tap on the box to enable it).
3) Ensure that you have uninstalled or deactivated antivirus applications in your device, as they tend to interrupt the rooting process.
Once you have done these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Oppo R819 Without PC/Laptop:
1) To get started, download framaroot apk to your smartphone directly. Once done, double-click on the apk file to start its installation. Now, you will get some warning messages. Just ignore them and finish installing the framaroot app.
2) Next, open the Framaroot application. Now choose “Install superuser” under “Select an option after root“. Once done, select “Boromir” exploit under the list of exploits to start the rooting process.
3) It will take a minute or two for the rooting procedure to get finished. Once it is done, you will get a pop-up message stating that superuser has been installed and SuperSU binary has been updated. Now, click on “Ok” and reboot your device to finish the rooting process.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Oppo R819 Android smartphone. For confirmation, look for Superuser app in your device’s Apps menu. If it’s there, the rooting process is successful. Alternatively you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store to confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know using the comments section given below. I will get back to you with a working solution shortly.