How To Root Panasonic P55 Android Smartphone

Panasonic P55 is a decent quality Android smartphone, which comes with a huge 5.5-inch smart touchscreen display powered by a 1.2 GHz processor. The device also has 1 GB RAM, a good quality 8 mega pixel camera, and a 2500 mAH battery which will be good for people who are looking for longer talk-time hours. The P55 smartphone runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system.

If you have bought this Panasonic smartphone and looking for a way to root it, so that you can install custom ROM firmware or to install applications which only supports the device with root privileges or to uninstall the bloat ware that comes pre-installed in your device, then you are in the right webpage. Here, I have given a tutorial with step by step instructions to root Panasonic P55 smartphone.

WARNING: Rooting your device will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back. Also, sometimes rooting your device might get it bricked. So, if that happens don’t held me or Android Root Guides team responsible. Proceed with CAUTION.

Root Panasonic P55

1) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process, but it won’t hurt to take backup of personal data’s in your Panasonic smartphone using appropriate apps.

2) You will need to enable USB Debugging mode in your device. Once done, you will need to download P55 USB drivers and install it in your computer so that you can connect your device with it successfully.

3) Make sure that your smartphone has a good battery backup. Also, ensure that you have deactivated Antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.

Once you have finished these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting tutorial that I have given below.

Tutorial To Root Panasonic P55:

1) To get started download Kingo Android Root rooting tool and install it in your computer.

2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. If the USB drivers for your device are properly installed, the connection with the computer will be successful.

3) Now, run the Kingo Android Root application and let it identify your device. It may take a minute or two. Once your device is identified by Kingo Android Root, it will show you a root option.

4) Just press the big “Root” button to start the rooting procedure. It will get completed within a minute or two. Once it is done, you will get a confirmation message along with a message asking for you to reboot your device. You can also disconnect your smartphone from the computer.

That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Panasonic P55 smartphone. To confirm the rooting process, look for SuperSU app in your device. If it is there (it will be there), then the rooting process is successful. Also, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store to confirm your device’s root privileges.

If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know using the comments section below.

Comments

1. Is there any Custom ROM available for P55 which is better than stock?

Is there way to move apps to SD without rooting?
    Thanks in advance

Try app2SD for moving normal files. For moving preinstalled files, you will have to root your device. And regarding stock ROM, I will look for one and will let you know.

3. I have not seen any other posts on rooting panasonic P55.Is this post genuine?

4. ok i rooted my p55 with kingo root. and SU is installed. but SU binary is not updating. asking for CWM, but no CWM for my device. my main requirement is to install apps to sd as internal memory in p55 is less. even after rooting and having apps2sd i am unable to move apps to sd. the apps2sd app is showing the list of apps that can be moved, but when i click it, it opens the application in storage and the option to move to ext sd is not there. is it possible to enable usb otg support on p55?
    please can you help.
    the device is running on 4.4.2.

5. jasveer singh says:

not working

6. Vikrant Singh says:

anyway to connect p55 to Windows 7

7. Vikrant Singh says:

tell me

8. Download and install P55 USB drivers from here: http://www.androidrootguide.com/download-panasonic-usb-drivers-driver-panasonic-android-devices and connect your device to Windows 7.

9. What error message are you getting?

I am not sure why you are not able to move the apps from App2SD as usually the application works very well and do that function properly. I will look for a solution and will let you know soon.

11. Yes, it is. The method works very well for rooting your device.

12. How to apps move intetnal to external device

13. Use App2SD application.

14. Thanks Satish,

I could root my P55 successfully. Is there any custom ROM better than KitKat 4.4for this phone.

15. I am facing same problem apps not installing in ext sd card
    App2sd showing error : “no need to move sdcard share the same disk with os”
    there are so many app2sd apps please provide link

16. Nope. There is none available right now. Will let you know if i come across one.

17. Can we get OTG Support in Panasonic P55 after root ?

18. It just opens App Info and there is no option there to move apps.
    May be swap internal to external is answer anyone has tried it for P55??

19. as i already told, i rooted my p55 with kingo root and succeeded, SU was installed. after that i installed many apps from playstore to try to move apps to ext sd card. but none of them work. i tried link2sd, sd swapper, kitkat sd fix, kitkat ext sd patch and so on. the problem seems to be with kitkat 4.4.2, it says your external storage is emulated from internal storage. you can only read from external storage, cannot write onto it. i tried to change the script on Es file manager of platform.xml, but no luck. i even downloaded android sdk tools and tried to set default install location to ext sd card (location2), but not working. the only app that saves to ext sd is super backup that saves apps backed up onto ext sd card!
    next i tried to upgrade from 4.4.2 to lollipop, i found a custom rom on xda devlopers, but i am unable to dowload the links from downloadsafe.org site.

because p55 is rebranded coolpad 7298d, i searched for the custom roms for coolpad 7298d and found some, but all are in chinese, not able to decipher anything!
    can you help? can you post a step by step procedure article so that all users are benefited.
    thanks in advance.

Hi, I haven’t done any of these before apart from rooting the device. I will give this a try and will let you the outcome.

21. I still unable to root p55 with kingo root ..I have installed USB drivers as mentioned above…

22. please guide me to root my panasonic p55
    give details setting on p55 how to root my moble
    i try king root it say not connect..

23. unable to connect,”not connected please enableusb debugging mode is the errormessage.even thought the debugging mode is enables it showsthe same error .please help me sir

24. abhinav says:

hiiiii i have buy new penasonic p55 so plese give me a way to root my phone plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Follow the tutorial given here.

26. How to move apps to SD card in Panasonic p55 mobile.

27. Use App2SD application from Google Play store.

28. is there any other way to change the storage of the device from internal to external other tha rooting……

29. Nope, I don’t think it is possible at all! But try App2SD to move apps from Internal to External.

30. Hi Sathish,

How do I activate OTG support on my P55 device. It is rooted with Kingo. Super SU is working perfectly.

Also using ES file explorer I am not able to delete apps from device/system/apps/

Please help here.

31. Hi Sathish,

Did you try to transfer any apps to SD using App2SD on a Panasonic P55 after rooting? The question is whether it works on P55.

32. Nope, I haven’t tried it but I am certain that the application will work on all Android devices.

33. Try foldermount app to save space.
    Its working for me.
    Has any one found like lollipop ROM?

34. How many dependency files are required??? It just keeps on downloading them.

35. Kingo says it’s rooted but Root checker says its not. No SuperSU installed. I tried to download and install superSU from Google play but it wont install. Pls. help!

36. himanshu says:

Plz can u suggest me rooting guide for Panasonic eluga A.
    i tried kingoroot but after some time of process starts it stopped on
    waiting for device.

37. heng Mobail Panasonic P55 Dont’t Purchase this mobai my new cell phone only two month use airphone ded please dont use this pic
    only email my answer .. mansu..
    [email protected]

38. hi i have not download rom 2,3 can plzz any body provide me other link .my email id is [email protected]

39. Naveen Poonia says:

sir , i have a Panasonic P55 device. i want to root it but couldn’t done it. although i follow these tutorial “Kingo root”.
    help me….

40. Shikhar Saxena says:

Can you tell me how can enter download mode in Panasonic p55 for flashing stock rom.

41. Hello, thanks for the instructions. I m too facing issues in moving apps to SD card. This seems the problem of Android version. One has to install a patch available from Google play. Here’s the link:

Disclaimer- I haven’t tried this as this requires rooting your device first. And I don’t want to void the warranty. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip!

43. Panasonic P55 lollipop update anyone ? Its the same as coolpad 7298d So could we somehow get the lollipop OS through this ?

44. Plz Help Me To Root T40 Panasonic All Method I Tried Failed To Root T40 Mtk6582 4.4.2 Thanks…

45. Hi there,
    I am using panasonic p55 model i have changed the settings.. after that i am unable to scroll the screen.. can you guide me how to do reset my settings..

Sure. I will provide a working rooting tutorial for your device shortly.

47. harshad soni says:

sir but then lso by phones wifi mac add is showing unavialble