How To Root Micromax YU Yureka Android Smartphone

Micromax YU Yureka is a dual-SIM 4G Android smartphone released by the Indian mobile manufacturers, Micromax. The device comes with a 5.5 inch HD IPS touchscreen display that is powered by a 64 Bit 1.5 Ghz octa-core Snapdragon processor alongside 2 GB DDR 3 RAM. The 13 mega pixel comes with this device will take better pictures than an average point and shoot digital camera. The device runs on CyanogenMod OS 11.

If you have purchased this Micromax device and want to root it, so that you can install custom ROM firmware of your choice or for installing applications which only supports devices with root privileges, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given a full step-by-step working tutorial to root Micromax YU Yureka.

WARNING: Rooting your Micromax smartphone will void its warrant and you won’t be able to claim it without unrooting. Also, sometimes rooting your device might get into software trouble and if that happens, don’t held me or Android Root Guides responsible. Proceed at your OWN will.

Root Micromax YU Yureka Unlock Bootloader Install CWM

1) The rooting procedure given here is a data-loss process, and, therefore, we suggest you to take backup of personal data’s in your smartphone using appropriate apps.

2) Make sure that your device has a good battery backup since rooting is a time-consuming process and if your device gets switched off in the middle of rooting process, it will get bricked for sure.

3) Deactivate antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to misinterpret the rooting applications with viruses and won’t let you carry out the rooting procedure.

4) Download Micromax YU Yureka USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your device with PC successfully.

Upon finishing these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting tutorial given below.

Tutorial To Unlock Micromax YU Yureka Bootloader:

1) Before rooting your device, you will need the unlock the bootloader of your Yureka smartphone. To do that, first download the rooting kit and extract it contents in a folder in your computer.

2) Next, switch off your device and connect it to the computer using the Original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers properly, then the connection will be successful, and you will see your device’s LED turns “Red.”

3) Now, you will have to press and hold the “Volume Up” button in your device for few seconds until the LED glows. Once that happens, go to the extracted folder in your computer and while pressing the Shift button in your keyword, right-click on your mouse. You will see “Open Command window here” option. Click on it and open the command window.

4) In the command window, enter the following command:

fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock

5) That’s it. Now you have successfully unlocked your device bootloader and by doing so, you will be able to root your device.

Tutorial To Root Micromax YU Yureka:

1) For rooting your device, you will need to install SuperSU app and to do that, you will need to boot into the CWM recovery. If you haven’t installed CWM recovery, then go the extracted folder where you have saved the files of the rooting kit, press the Shift button in your keyword and right-click on your mouse to see the “Open Command Window here” option. Now, click on it and open the command window there.

2) Next, enter the following command and press enter:

fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery-yu.img

3) Now, you have successfully installed CWM recovery in your device. Once done, download SuperSU zip and save it in the SD card of your device.

4) Next, switch off your device and boot into the recovery mode, which you can do by pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for few seconds.

5) Once you are in the recovery mode, select the “Install Zip from SD card” option and choose the SuperSU zip file, which you have already saved in the SD card. This will start the flashing process and will get completed within a minute or two. Once it is done, reboot your device normally.

That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Yureka smartphone. To confirm the root privileges of your Micromax device, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store. Also, if you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.

Comments

1. plz help me abt rooting micromax a27

2. how to root of intex t2

3. unable to load supersu

It say “signature verification failed”

4. Download it from here: http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU/ and install it.

5. I will provide a rooting solution for your device pretty soon!

6. hey satish,
    i hve some problem abt ur previous tutiorial of [email protected] i do all things but i have problem they show failed to get shell root plz help me in my mail id

7. Sayed Mohammad Yamama says:

Hi sir,
    please help me
    i want to root CANVAS XPRESS A99(LOLLIPOP) when i have kitkat i root my device via KINGROOT but after lollipop update my device won not root with any software!Please help me sir?!!

I will provide a rooting tutorial for your device shortly.

9. hi can you provide yureka fast boot driver for win 7 32 bit..
    br..

10. arunkumar says:

hai my name is arunkumar i from tirunelveli can u help for rooting

11. Aditya malhotra says:

plzzzzz help me about rooting on my A99

I will provide a rooting tutorial for your device shortly.

14. I want to root my lenovo s660 smartphone. I have rooted a few phones before without any problem. But this phone just wont get root access. Can u help me sir?

15. Can we increase the battery backup of yureka to 12 hrs by rooting it.

16. I don’t think so but you will be able to increase it by using battery optimizer.

17. Sure, I will post a rooting tutorial for this device shortly.

18. Amal Dev K says:

When I hold down the vol up key it goes into fastboot mode so I can’t root my yu yureka.
    Pls Help me

19. 1st stem says waiting for device

20. Download your device’s USB driver and install it in your computer. Then it won’t show this message.

21. helpme to find usb drivers for Micromax YU Yureka its not available here and any other link

22. Hi I am having YU Yureka please advise can we perform bootloader unlocking, cww recovert and root without pc to pleaswe sent detals to [email protected]

23. You can’t do any of them without computer.

24. X_MASTER says:

Dude need latest recovery image thing…………. for lolipop version………..

25. X_MASTER says:

Still giving signature verification error

26. How to downgrade lolly pop to kitkat in yu yureka.. ????

27. I am not sure whether it is possible but I will look for a solution and will let you know shortly.

28. vivek raj says:

not able to root my canvas play Q355 . kindly help in rooting .

I will provide a working rooting tutorial for your device shortly.

30. I not able to connect my yureka mobile with pc pls provide a pc suit

Download your device USB driver from here: http://www.androidrootguide.com/micromax-usb-driver-download-get-drivers-micromax-smartphones and install it in your computer.

32. pervinder says:

i have rooted the device as you told but it is showing
    “root access possibly lost. fix?
    THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE
    -YES – FIX ROOT (/SYSTEM/XBIN/SU)”
    WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

33. I had follow all the step to unlock bootloderand flashing cwm recovery..when I press vol.up vol down power button nothing shown.after I tried then it show cynogen recovery

Select Yes!

35. pervinder says:

also tell me when i opened file manager it says try to open in root access mode but when i verifies in root checker app it says successfully rooted why this is showing me again and again is my phone properly rooted or not how to get the full confirmation

If the root checker apps says that your device is rooted then your device is rooted. The file manager is asking for root permissions. Nothing is wrong with your device.

37. JAIPRAKASH says:

Can’t the connect pc yukra

38. You will need to install USB drivers if you would like to connect PC with Yureka.

39. vikram duhan says:

how I can root my YU yureka without connecting to PC

40. Rooting YU yureka without computer is not possible right now!

41. I have rooted my yureka, but some of my root apps are not working like game killer, and specially freedom when I installed it, it gave me a ridiculous problem, keeps on saying, unfortunately Google play had stopped working, ever 2 second. So I had to hard rest my device. Please help!!!!