Update: The procedure given here is based on Android L ROM, which uses Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system. If you would like to update your Micromax Unite 2 with Android 5 Lollipop based ROM, then follow this procedure: Update Micromax Unite 2 A106 With Android 5.0 Lollipop. Also, if you would like to install stock KitKat ROM on your Micromax Unite 2, follow this procedure: How To Install Stock ROM Firmware On Micromax Unite 2 A106.
Micromax Unite 2 is a high-quality Android Smartphone, which comes with 4.7 inch IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen powered by a 1.3 GHz Quad-Core processor and the device runs on 4.4 Kitkat Operating System.
If you are a user of Unite 2 smartphone and want to upgrade it to the latest version of Android, i.e., Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware, then you are in the right place. In this page, you can find the simple procedure to update your Micromax Unite 2 device to Android L ROM without rooting.
Disclaimer: If your device encounters any issues or gets bricked while following this tutorial, don’t held me or my team responsible. Do everything at your own will.
- Make sure that battery backup of your device must be 80% or above, to carry out this upgrading procedure without any issues.
- Since the firmware upgrading process is a data loss process, you have to take a full backup of your personal data on your Smartphone, so that you can restore it after finishing with the upgrading process.
- Next, download Micromax USB drivers and install it in your computer, so that you can connect your smartphone with it.
- Then, you need to enable USB debugging mode on your Smartphone. To enable it, you will first need to follow this path: Settings -> About phone -> Build number (tap it on 7 times to enable developer options). Now, go back to the developer option and then tick on USB debugging and Click Ok to enable it.
- Make sure that your device is rooted, and it has CWM recovery installed in it.
Once you have completed all above prerequisites, you can move to the main upgrading procedure given below.
Tutorial To Update Micromax Unite 2 A106 With Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM (Android L):
- To get started, you need to download the Android L ROM file into your computer.
- Now, you need to connect your device to the Computer by using Original USB Cable. Then, copy the downloaded ROM file to the device’s SD card. Once done, disconnect your mobile from the computer.
- Now, you have to boot your device into the custom recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, choose restore/backup option to backup your information and then erase all data (including Dalvik Cache).
- Once completed, you can go back to home recovery menu and then select Install Zip from SD Card, navigate to the location where you have copied the “ROM file” and then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation of Android 5.0 Lollipop based Firmware on your Smartphone.
That’s it! You have successfully upgraded your Micromax Unite 2 smartphone with Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM Android L. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.