If you are a Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S6102) User, then you may not be happy with your device’s performance. You can root your device, and you can install custom ROM firmware like KitKat for Duos or some other ROM’s which will help you to get the best out of your device. But sometimes, while carrying out the installation procedure of custom ROM’s, you might get bootloops, or your device might get soft bricked. If that happens, don’t worry. By following the guide given here, you can install stock firmware on Galaxy Y Duos and get your phone working again in no time.
CAUTION: The procedure given here has helped me to install stock firmware on Galaxy Y Duos but I can’t guarantee the same to you. Follow the procedure at your own will. If something happens to your device, don’t held me liable.
1) Make sure that your device has enough battery backup to carry out this process. If your device gets switched off while the installation is going on, then it will get bricked again.
2) Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer, so that you can connect your device to it.
Once you have done these prerequisites, move on to the main installation tutorial that is given below.
Tutorial To Install Stock Firmware On Samsung Galaxy Y Duos:
1) To get started, download the stock firmware package (based on Android 2.3.6) along with bootloader from here. Once done, extract the files and save it in a folder.
2) Next, download Odin and install it on your computer. Once installed, run it as Administrator.
3) Now switch off your device and boot into download mode by pressing the Volume Down, Home, and Power button simultaneously. Once done, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB data cable.
4) In Odin, select the files from Step 1 exactly in the same way as given below:
1. PIT –> torino_1205.pit
2. Bootloader –> BOOT_S6102DXLC2_REV01.tar.md5
3. PDA –> PDA_S6102DXLC2_REV02.tar.md5
4. PHONE –> MODEM_S6102DXLC2_REV01.tar.md5
5. CSC –> GT-S6102-MULTI-CSC-OLBLC2.tar.md5
5) Once done, click on the “Start” button and wait for few minutes until the flashing process gets finished.
That’s it. Now you have successfully flashed stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy Y Duos (GT-S6102). Reboot normally and use your device again!