Android One smartphone’s are excellent Android devices. In India, Android one device’s are available from three companies: Karbonn, Spice and Micromax and they have created them in partnership with Google. All the Android one devices come with 4.5 inch IPS LCD display, 1.3 GHz Quad core processor and they run on Android 4.4 Kitkat Operating System (with planned upgrades to Android L). If you own this device and want to root it, check out the procedure given here.
Here, I have given a simple step by step guide to root Android one smartphones and also to install Custom Recovery on the phone. This following tutorial is only for Android one device, so don’t try it on another device.
Disclaimer: If anything goes wrong and if something bad happens to your smartphone by following the below instruction, don’t held me liable. Do everything at your own will.
- The first thing to do before rooting process is taking a backup of your device data such as contacts, SMS, photos, file, games, and apps by using appropriate apps. Although this rooting device will not wipe out your data, it is safe to have a backup.
- Next, make sure that the battery level of your device is above 90% to carry out the below instructions.
- Next, Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. To do this, Navigate to Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap it on for few times) to enable Developer Options. Once done, go back to Developer option and enable USB Debugging by ticking the box next to it.
Once you have completed these prerequisites, you can proceed with the following tutorial.
Tutorial To Root Android One Smartphones:
- To get started, you need to download Kingoroot and CWM Recovery on your Computer. Once done, install Kingoroot on your computer.
- Next, connect your Android One smartphone to the Computer by using an appropriate USB cable. Now wait for few minutes as the computer will take up a few minutes to install driver of your device.
- Now, open the Kingoroot application and follow the on-screen instructions. After that, click on the Root button to begin the rooting process.
- Once done, Finish message will appear on the Window. Now you can disconnect your device from the computer.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your Android one device. To confirm whether the rooting process is successful or not, install “Root Checker” app and get confirmation. Now, let’s find out how to install CWM recovery on Android one.
Procedure to Install CWM Recovery on Android one Smartphone:
- To begin, you have to unlock the boot loader. To do this, you have to boot into your device’s recovery mode with the help of ADB.
- Once you are in ADB, enter the following command.
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot format userdata
- Then, type the following command.
Adb reboot bootloader
- After entering the above commands, you have to type these:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- In the installation menu, you have to select external SD card for installing apps, restoring and other operation. Don’t use internal storage for installing process.
Congrats! Now you have rooted your Android One smartphone and installed CWM Recovery as well. If you have faced any problems or any issues while following this tutorial, tell me here via comments.