Samsung Galaxy Y Duos is a low-budget Android smartphone which comes with 3.14 inch TFT capacitive Touchscreen display, which is powered by an 832 MHz processor. The device runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating system.
If you are using this device and want to upgrade its firmware to Android KitKat, then you are in the right place. Here, you can find the simple instructions to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware on Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 smartphone.
Disclaimer: This procedure will void the warranty of your device. Also, if anything goes wrong while following this tutorial, don’t held me liable. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that battery backup of your device is 80% or above. If it is less, your device will get switched off during the middle of the process, and it will result in your phone getting bricked. So, keep your device fully charged and then proceed with the process.
- Next, you need to take a full backup of data’s and stuff on your smartphone by using appropriate apps. We can restore the personal data after finishing the installation process.
- Download Samsung USB drivers for your smartphone and install it on your computer.
- Make sure that your device is rooted. If you haven’t done it, follow our guide to rooting Samsung Galaxy Y Duos.
Root Galaxy Y Duos Video Tutorial:
Tutorial To Install Android 4.4 KitKat On Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102:
- To begin, you need to download Kitkat 4.4 for Duos and Clockwork Mod on your computer. Next, connect your device to the computer via Original USB cable and transfer the downloaded files to SD card.
- Now, switch off your smartphone and boot your device into Recovery mode. To do this, press and hold Volume down button, Power button, and Home Button at the same time until it is active.
- In recovery mode, you can perform basic Wipe data and Wipe Cache. Now, select Apply Update from SD card and then choose the copied CWM file. Now you will boot into CWM Recovery.
- Again, perform the Wipe data and Wipe Cache in CWM Recovery mode. Now, you have to go to “Advanced” option and then do Wipe Dalvik and Wipe Battery Stats. Once done, click on the back
- Now, go to Mounts and Storage and do the following: Mount/data, /sd card, /system. Once done, format/data, /cache, /system. Once you have done that, mount/data, /cache, /system.
- Now, get back to the CWM recovery main menu and select Install zip from SD card and choose Kitkat 4.4 for Duos and then select “yes” to start the installation process.
- Once finished, reboot your smartphone normally. The first boot after installing this ROM will some time. So be patient until your device boots normally.