How To Update XOLO A500 With Android KitKat 4.4.2

XOLO A500 is a low-budget Android smartphone which comes with some good features like 1 GHz dual-core processor supported by a 512 MB RAM, 4 inch TFT Capacitive touchscreen, 5 mega pixel rear view camera and it runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. If you want to get into the Android world and get a budget conscious device, Xolo A500 will be the best fit.

If you have already purchase this smartphone and would like to upgrade it to the Android 4.4.2 KitKat version, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given a full working tutorial to update XOLO A500 with Android KitKat 4.4.2.

NOTE: The tutorial for updating your XOLO device is given be XOLO officially. So, if anything happens to your device while following this procedure don’t held us responsible.

Update XOLO A500 With Android KitKat 4.4.2

Prerequisites To Update XOLO A500 With Android KitKat:

1) It is always safe to take the full backup of your personal data in the smartphone before doing an upgrade. So connect your device to the computer and take complete backup. If anything goes wrong during the procedure, we can use this backup to restore data.

2) Ensure that your smartphone has a good battery backup as the upgrading process sometimes consumes a large amount of battery.

3) Download XOLO USB drivers for your smartphone and install it to your computer. Only by doing this, you will be able to connect your smartphone to the computer.

4) Enable USB debugging mode in your Android phone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (just mark it).

Once you are done with these basic steps, it’s time to move on to the upgrading procedure.

Tutorial To Update XOLO A500 with Android KitKat 4.4.2:

1) To get started, download A500 Club Final KK Update and save it in your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer (using the original USB cable) in the USB debugging mode and copy-paste the update file in the .zip format.

2) Now disconnect your device from the computer and open the “XOLO Care” app in your smartphone.

3) Next in the “Update” tab, click on “Check for Software Updates” and in the following screen, select “Check for Updates“.

4) Since we have the software update file in the phone, doing the above step will find it out, and you will see it in the display. Just click on the “Continue” button and take a break. The XOLO care app will take care of the rest, and once everything gets done, your device will be running on Android KitKat 4.4.2.

That’s it. Now you have successfully upgraded your XOLO A500 smartphone to Android KitKat 4.4.2. If you encounter any issues while following this procedure, do let me know via comments or contact XOLO customer support team.

Comments

1. after upgrading xolo a500club to 4.4.2 its ain’t rooting 🙁 need help

2. This method does not work. This is the tutorial for upgrading a500-club not for a500.

3. Ram Bhullar says:

How to root xolo a500 club after updated android 4.4.2

4. I will let you know shortly.

5. is that working for a500…?

r u sure…?

6. This is for A500 Club. I will post a separate tutorial for A500 soon!

7. Rahul kumar says:

hy pls update my xolo a500 its ics

8. I will post a tutorial shortly. Watch out for it.

9. i need jelly bean rom or kitkat for xolo a500

10. I am not sure that there is one available right now, but I will try and find one for you.

11. Kousik Goon says:

Dear Sir,How To ROOT..My Xolo A500 Club ( KitKat Version) Plz Help Me…

12. I will provide a tutorial for your device shortly.

13. Dixit Badeliya says:

I download usb driver and install in pc but i can’t connect my phone to pc…. Why?

14. What error are you getting?

15. What about cyanogenmod .?
    do xolo a500 support it.?

16. No, it doesn’t support.

17. Ram Bhullar says:

bro i m using all method
    towel root
    king root
    kingo root
    root master
    frama root
    bt this failed for Xolo A500 club
    plz help me

18. ami amar mobailer varstion change korte cai. ki vabe korbo . amamr mobail name gt -s7562

19. tamilmani in salem says:

Pls help me my phone a500 clup updatet pls help

20. This tutorial is for A500 Club devices, so follow this and update.

21. how to update xolo a500

22. There is no official update. So we have to do it manually and i still can’t figure out a way. Give me sometime.

23. R.Krishna says:

How to update xolo500s

24. plss answer how to update a500

25. I’m waiting for your rply!

26. Hii m using Xolo A500 Club I wnt to update my phone frm JB to Kitkat
    I m trying it via Xolo Care app updates and download
    it get started downloading and after sometime it gets cancelled it shows that download stopped …
    so what should I do ?

27. Follow this tutorial. This will work on your device as well.

28. arun gulta says:

when I click on software updates it doesn’t show any thing

29. Aditya Patra says:

please upload any video that can help us

30. R/sir
    After update kitkat. Wifi show nvram warning err : 0x10
    how to fix it.

31. MANGESH says:

HAVE YOU SHARED HOW TO ROOT a500 cLUB WITH kk 4.4.2 .. PLEASE HELP ME AS I NEED TO INSTALL SOFTWARE WHICH REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS

32. MANGESH says:

CAN WE REVERT BACK TO JB FROM KK

Yes, you can. Get the stock ROM from the XOLO support and flash it via Odin.

34. Is this update help full for A500S IPS

35. Nope, this is for A500 Club!

36. Subramanaian says:

is any upgrade available to Xolo A500 to JB.

37. As far as i know, there is none but I will look into it and will let you know.

38. qz irfan says:

Kingrot app use …….

39. there are update for xolo a500 ???? i need. jb or kk update.

40. Naushad Shaikh says:

I Want to update my XOLO A500club kk to lollipop version

41. Sure, i will post a tutorial shortly!

42. JAYESH MADHAR says:

XOLO A500 WILE FORMATTING without LICENCE BY
    MADHAR JAYESH
    ADD ACCOUNT NO:78005480899
    S.G.B.BANK NAGNESH BRANCH
    RS.100
    AND ANY KEY TO ANSWER TOO ME…PLEASS……
    DON’T FORGET IT….

43. i updated my xolo one as per officially recommended firmware, after updated it shows only xolo on screen, what should i do for that, how get i out of this problem please need help,
    im waiting

44. I want to know how to root xolo a500 club after its kitkat I’ve used everything my phone number is 9586667346 whatsapp only

45. Hi, I will provide a working rooting tutorial for your device shortly.

46. Nishit Shah says:

Model : A500
    Android Version: 4.0.4
    Which Version Suite For this Model and How to update?