How To Root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121 Smartphone

Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121 is a 3G Android smartphone with a 5-inch TFT HD Touchscreen display. The phone is powered with 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core Processor and it runs on Android 4.3 Jelly bean OS. With 8 mega pixel rear view camera, the phone offers high quality image capturing. If you are looking for a smartphone under 10000 INR with good features, then Micromax Canvas A121 would be the ideal choice!

If you are a user of Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 and would like to gain root access for installing rooted apps or custom ROM’s, then the following tutorial will help you. I have given step by step instructions for rooting Elanza 2 smartphone below.

WARNING: If your Micromax Canvas A121 smartphone gets bricked or gets damaged while following the tutorial given below, we shouldn’t be held responsible. Proceed at your OWN RISK.

Root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121

Prerequisites To Root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121 Smartphone

1) Take the complete backup of your personal data in the Micromax device using appropriate apps. Although the root process won’t affect them, its safe to keep a backup.

2) Remove all the Antivirus applications installed on your smartphone for virus protection since sometimes they will cause trouble while the rooting process is going on.

3) Charge your phone battery and keep its backup level above 80% as the rooting process drains the battery. If you don’t have enough battery backup, and your device gets switched off during the rooting, then surely it will get bricked. Avoid it by having a good battery backup.

4) Enable USB Debugging mode in your device by following the path: Settings -> Developer Option -> USB Debugging. If you don’t see the Developer options, then you are using a new version of Android OS. Just follow this path to enable “Developer Options”: Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Built Number several times and then enable USB Debugging.

5) Download Micromax USB Driver for your smartphone and install it on your computer.

Once you have done all the above-mentioned tasks, you can move on to the rooting tutorial given below.

Tutorial To Root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121

Method 1:

1) To get started, download VROOT from here and install it on your computer. Once installed, open the application.

2) Now connect your Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 smartphone to the computer using the “USB Debugging Mode”. If you have installed the required USB drivers for your phone on the computer, then the VROOT application will automatically detect your smartphone.

3) Now just click on the “Root” button shown on the VROOT window and let the rooting process begin. The smartphone will get restarted several times during the process. So, don’t panic. Once the rooting process is finished, the device will reboot for one more time.

That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121 smartphone.

Method 2:

1) This method is for the people who can’t root their device using vRoot. To get started with this method, download Root Genius and install it on your computer. Once done, open the application window.

2) Next, connect your Micromax Elanza 2 smartphone to the computer using the “USB Debugging Mode”. If you have installed Micromax USB drivers properly in your computer, then the Root Genius program will automatically identify your smartphone.

3) Now just click on the big green “Root” button and your device will be rooted within no time.

That’s it! Now you have successfully finished rooting Canvas Elanza 2 Android device. If you want to confirm whether you have successfully rooted or not, use the “Root Checker” app. If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.

Comments

1. Could someone help me installling cwm on elanza 2?

2. Surely will do that. Will post it soon!

3. Dnt Knw Hw to Root my Mob Micromax A111 i instald D Framaroot & Tried Too Bt Nthng Changd It seems . . . Could U pls Help n Tat ???

4. Sir I m not satisfied, because this process can not working on my elanza 2. I was 25 time do all this steps but no result. Vroot shows a massage ur device not rooted just try manual root. And Vroot install lots of fake and infected app on my phone please give a proper solution.

5. While rooting micromax canvas elanza 2 using vroot it shows driver install error:0*000007d1 bt y?????

6. Your version might not be supported.

7. my micromax canvas elenza2 has a prob..it phone memory get it self filled automatically… and my apps unable to run such as the photos of what’s app unable to send….plz help me

8. How can I install custom ROM to my elanza 2.and from where will I get those ROM….

I will post tutorials for it shortly. I don’t think that there are plenty of ROM’s available but will look for it and will give you a detailed tutorial in this site.

10. Hi Anand,

Root your device and see whether it solves the issue. If not, you have to reinstall the Stock firmware again.

11. it does not have root permissions…
    what to do now..??

12. My elanza 2 is not root by vroot.
    Vroot show manual root

13. Hi Asad,

In that case, use Odin to root the device. You have to find the .tar file for it. If you can’t do it by yourself, let me know. I will post a tutorial.

14. sanyam jain says:

How to enable 3g in canvas elanza 2

15. sanyam jain says:

I want to install GTA San Andreas in micromax elanza 2

16. Jai kathuria says:

Sir me having the same problem , can u please provide me with a tutorial of rooting by Odin.

Follow this link to install Grand Theft Auto San Andreas in your mobile: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rockstargames.gtasa&hl=en

18. I want to know how can i move longer app on sd card in elanza 2

19. Use App2SD android app!

20. Sir,
    Is the V-root can make any harm for “Micromax canvas elanza 2 a121” Device….?
    such as phone crash, or mother board damage or software damage……?

Plz, reply

21. This app is not working in elanza 2..now what can I do?

22. I will post another tutorial for elanza 2 using Odin shortly. Watch out for it.

23. Nope, it won’t cause any damage at all!

24. Rooting doesn’t causes any problem

25. Does rooting allow me to connect otg cable to my device(elanza2)?
    If no, how can i connect it?

26. manivannan says:

how to root procedure for elanza2 a121 and rom icresed

27. manivannan says:

why more than mb connected game not supported?

28. Hi.
    Sir have u posted new toturial for canvas elanza? If not yet i request u to post it soon and my canvas elanza having so much issues regarding internal memory,it showing memory full but it still memory available help me in this issue.

Regards
    Faraz

29. hi,
    there is good method i have done just root with mobegenie then again root with
    vroot. its root sucessfully. if any question just ask

30. Thanks for your input.

31. How to root with mobEgenie ?????

32. Hi Yudi,

I haven’t tried it yet. Will post a tutorial once I check it up by myself.

33. Thr is no developers option

34. once completing the above steps when we click on the root button it shows that it is acquiring permission from the system.
    what to do if it is just checking permission from the system all the time

35. hii satish
    i need a help
    i wnt to root my canvas elanza 2 on phone itself by framaroot app can u give suggestions for how to use this app for rooting my device
    im new to this area of rooting
    ur help is needed

36. I am not sure whether it will work but follow this procedure.

1) Enable Unknown sources (Installation of app from unknown sources)
    2) Download Framaroot.apk (Google it)
    3) Install it.
    4) Choose boromir or whatever option you see.
    5) You are done!

Let me know whether it works!

37. likith j gowda says:

we’re will I get the custum ROM for elanza 2

38. I am not sure that there is one available for this device. If i find one, I will let you know.

39. Chethananand Shetty says:

Sir, I have micromax canvas elanza a121 & i have inserted 16gb sd card but moblie is not detecting the sd card at all & i can’t download anything, what i have to do

40. The SD card might be corrupted. Check with a new one.

41. I want to root my a121 …..
    can there will any problem in my mobile
    like any hardware and software damage…?????
    plz tell me…

42. Rooting will provide your root privileges which you can use for installing custom ROM firmware’s or for installing rooted apps or for uninstalling bloat ware. So as far as I can say, it won’t cause any hardware change.

43. Facing battery drain issues after rooting the way you posted here. Please help me resolving this issue

44. Use DU battery saver or some other battery saving app!

45. How can i connect otg cable to this??
    Is there any way?

46. Nope. It’s not supported.

47. How should i root my micromax canvas xl 2 a109
    Pls tell me

48. I will post a tutorial now. Watch it for it by subscribing to this blog.

49. Thankyou….its the only thing i hate about this phone…

50. how can use 64gb memory in cancas Elanza 2

51. If the mobile get bricked then wt to do??

52. Plz reply me…

53. You have to flash Stock ROM firmware using Odin or CWM recovery.

54. Plz help me
    i want to root my micromax bolt a065
    i tried some apps like framaroot and root genius
    but not rooted

55. i wanted custom rom for elanza 2 help me…😢😢

56. Biplab Debnath says:

Respected Sir,
    I’m the one of your instruction follower, & i asking you to submit a video tutorial, can u submit a video tutorial for using this V-ROOT software on Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121…?

I am expecting your good suggestion.

57. Sure. I will do it pretty soon!

58. Biplab Debnath says:

thank you for your respond, & i’m wetting for your v-root tutorials…
    hope i will get this tutorial from you soon……………!

This is my mail [email protected]
    (for quick response)

thank you.

59. I have Micromax Elenza Canvas 121. I have a problem with phone memory it shows full all. how can i resolve this prob.

60. Remove the preinstalled apps after rooting your device.

61. after root can my mobile elanza 2 supports otg if yes how???

62. Sir, I have MICROMAX canvas elanza 2A121. Please tell me how can I use USB flash drive with the above android device? Thankx in advance!

63. Nope, it won’t support OTG.

64. hi sir
    will u please tell mi that how to unroot micromax A121?

65. Hai bro i realy need mmx a065 root But,.,
    you post the link for a65 Not A065 ok
    so plz help me to root my phone
    Thank you in advance!!!

66. Follow the procedure given here.

67. http://
    micromax-a65-smarty-android-smartphone.html
    this link for Mmx a65
    but i want a065 Ok do u understand???

68. Got it.

69. Biplab Debnath says:

Sir,
    Is this software called VROOT need Internet connections during rooting process.
    or it will work without any internet connection on PC to root Micromax Canvas elanza 2 A121

please reply

70. Yes, it will work without internet connection.

71. Yes I got it.

72. Sir,
    Thank you very for your support, now i have rooted my a121 phone to load big size hd games from external SD. And your rooting process is awesome its take only(less than 15 min) to complete full task, This Vroot Software is rooted my a121 phone, now i can do whatever i want

(I will give this tutorial as *****5/5 star)

73. I am glad that we have helped you!

74. Hello sir I want root my Micromax A121.I have tried vroot1.7.3 and framaroot both not working.please help me.

75. Navneet Paliwal says:

hello sathish i want to reboot my phone…micromax A121 elanza 2….. i will use vroot and root genius both r not working … do needful…waiting for ur response…

76. In A121 downloads files are not store in
    external sd card by the help of root can this
    problem be solved?

77. I tried to flash my canvas elanza 2 using TWRP 2.7.1.0 & after that the phone rebot & showed some options….the first option was to instal zip file,so i downloaded stock rom for my phone which was having a size of 567 MB……but after that when i tried to install it showed MD5 missing & failed to install….so how can i fix my phone??? Plz help me out of this problem 🙁

78. What was your problem actually? Have you installed a custom ROM frimware and looking for a way to install Stock ROM? Please explain.

79. Can you please port lollipop 5.0 for elanza 2??

80. Sure, I will give it a try and will let you know!

81. Sir,Can i root my micromax canvas elanza A121 without p.c

82. Sir there us any custom rom for elanza 2
    If yes…
    Plzz send me link….

83. Especially lollipop

Right now there is nothing available for this device. I will let you know once I come across any new ROM.

85. Vikas Sharma says:

I have rooted my device successfully but root application is in Chinese language which is not understandable. Do i have any option to uninstall that application and use other one like Supersu…

Further, when i transfer any application from internal to external SD, it directly goes to Internal SD and not to external SD which doesnt enable me to play heavy games of size more than 1 gb or more.

Pls help…

86. Aniket sharma says:

My mobile Dont show the option of memory selection , it every think store in inter memory card like what’s app , Bluetooth data . What to do plz say

87. Use App2SD to move the files to SD card.

88. Don’t uninstall the chinese app. That’s the main app which controls your device’s admin privileges.

Concerning your second query, have you tried App2SD?

89. Aniket sharma says:

Not that one can i get ur number for better information Plz

90. Sir hav u any idea about to make app drawer transparent ………..??.
    In micromax a121..
    Plz… Tell me..sir.
    I hav xposed installer..

91. Vikas Sharma says:

I have tried using App2sd but this app transfer to Internal SD which is still is problem for me. Pls help.

92. hello sir . i wanted to know that is there otg cable will support in micromax canvas elanza 2 or not . i wanted to use it for external storage for movies or other files .

93. Can I shift apps to external SD card through App2Sd.. If yes how.. Please suggest

94. Hrishi kesh says:

Sir have you ever saw micromax a121 device because you are just replying to the comments by saying “will do it shortly” what is this???

95. I have posted this tutorial after rooting my Micromax A121 device. When I say “will do it shortly”, I am looking for a solution for all the queries. Hope you will understand.

Yes you can do that. Just install the app from Play store, open it and click on the apps which you would like to move and follow the on-screen instructions to move them (you can’t move preinstalled apps).

97. HRISHIKESH says:

Sir I am extremely sorry for my words
    Can you please provide a video of rooting of canvas a121 and also can you please tell me about the way to install cyanogenmod rom on canvas a121
    I have tried to install it several times but every time my computer says device not detected

98. I understand. I will prepare a video tutorial and will post it shortly (it may sometime as I am busy with some other works as well). Regarding CM installation, I haven’t tried it yet. I will look for a way and try it in my device. If it works, I will post a tutorial.

99. Prateek Goyal says:

Sir , can I transfer apps to external SD card after rooting my canvas elenza 2

100. You can’t do that but you can uninstall the bloat wares which will free up your Internal memory.

101. Hey can you please tell me that after rooting are you able to move apps to external sd card or not
    My email id is [email protected]

102. Sir will i be able to install huge games like asphalt 8 or any other app greater than 1 gb after rooting canvas a121

103. I don’t think that will be possible by rooting, but if you increase the internal memory of your device by following this tutorial: http://www.androidrootguide.com/2013/09/partition-memory-card-increase-internal-memory-android-phone.html, then it might be possible.

104. Yes you can do that!

105. Thank you Sir for your quick response on my queries

106. gurprateek singh says:

what are you doing man pls find a rom for us

107. I will man!

108. My mobile not show memory card and not open (show) memory Iteams

109. Debarshi Rudra says:

Sir can you please tell me,does elanza 2 support micro usb???As it is shown in flipkart that it supports micro usb.And if it supports then can you please tell me if it will support SanDisk Ultra 32GB Micro USB 2.0 OTG Pen Drive??

It does support Micro USB but I am not sure whether the SanDisk model is supported.

111. Mr.satish plzzz contact me on my email I’d …
    I need ur urjent help plzzz sir.
    [email protected]

112. Sir did you try cyanogen mod on this device???
    Really need cyanogen rom for my elanza 2

113. how may I root my Micromax bolt A065 which supports android kitkat 4.4.2 & can it be rooted by kingroot app sucessfully?
    please answer fast ,plz.

114. HRISHIKESH RAI says:

Sir can you tell me what version of vroot software you used to root your canvas a121 or suggest me any suitable version of vroot to do so

You can use the latest version. It will work well.

116. I will provide a working tutorial for your device shortly.

117. ajay kumar says:

Hey Satish did you found lollipop ROM for elanza 2 if u have please forward link to me plz plz

118. Not yet, but I will provide the ROM link shortly.

119. Sir I want to root my Micromax A121, but worried about bricking the phone completely! Is Battery life above 80 percent adequate to prevent it from bricking? Any other precautions that can be taken beforehand?

120. ajay kumar says:

Or Else is there kitkat rom for MMX elanza 2

121. Don’t worry much about bricking when rooting your device. I don’t think that it will happen at all.

122. Hey friend my a121 is rooted through vroot and control whole process is super user every thing is fine.
    1).And I m using twrp2.7 when I’m gone to twrp then goto advance option I don’t have an portion SD card option .
    2).another is try to portion in mini tool portion whole type were try like ext2,3,4 also mount script was created when I reboot then open link2sd again portion type selection window appear(means select ext3,2,4,fat32.)
    So help me on these two points

123. Is thr any custom rom? Plz make it

124. Biplab Debnath says:

Respected Sir,
    Can you tell me any process to Increase usable Phone storage of Micromax A 121 Phone without rooting….

i am waiting for your reply

125. Nope, I don’t think there is one available for this device.

126. Satya Subham Rout says:

Sir,
    I am having problem in finding a custom ROM. Even the websites showing rom availability are ad jammed and no ad works neither the rom downloads…Please find me a kitkat/ lolipop rom for Canvas A121.. Its damn important.

Thankyou

127. biplob debnath says:

Sir,
    The tutorial that you given its need rooted phone to use this process as per your description- http://www.androidrootguide.com/2013/09/partition-memory-card-increase-internal-memory-android-phone.html

but i said any process of increase Phone storage of Micromax A 121 Phone ****(without rooting)****

Please Help…!

128. Hey, is there any method of rooting micromax Canvas Elanza 2 without computer?? ?? Framaroot is also not working!!
    Help please.
    My email id is [email protected]

129. Sir , please provide a tutorial to upgrade my elanza to a higher version like 4.4 or 5.0 version and also a video tutorial for partitioning the sd card .Hope you will reply soon .

130. Sure, I will do that shortly.

As far as I know, there is none. But I will keep looking for you!

132. ansh charurvadi says:

Hey after rootin divice can i install ant virus programmssss….?

133. Yes, you can. There will be no problem!

134. The iroot for Micromax a121 is not Supporting

135. Saurabh says:

Hi, can you help me to root my micromax canvas Elanza 1 a93 which runs on android 4.2.2?

I will provide a tutorial for your device shortly.

137. Sir,
    I hav rotted my micromax canvas elanza 2, but when i try to attach any thing on whatsapp , or massenger my ph storages gets full every time. Please tell me what to do

138. Alan Armstrong says:

i have rooted my micromax canvas elanza 2 successfully using vroot. But now i wanted to unroot my device can you help me please.

139. vRoot has the option to unroot your device. Just follow the procedure.

140. ankesh verma says:

i doon know where my camera turning fornt 2 rear is icon hidden ………….. plzzzz help me what i do now …micromax A121

141. I have only 1 issue that the phone memory fills after every few days and i have to erase all data.
    i have tried to send the apps in memory card but there is already two partitions in internal memory, 1st of 1.2gb for installing app and 2nd of 1 gb for data storage. on transfering the apps it does not goes to memory card but it goes in this 2nd partition. i hav a xperia m but this type of prtition is not done there and apps get transfered.