Samsung officially released a new firmware namely, XXUANB2 Android 4.2.2 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210 (WiFi). To get this firmware, just visit Samsung KIES from your computer or OTA update straight on your device.
Alternatively, you can follow our given below tutorial. Please be informed that the update is initially available for only selected regions and later it will push into all other regions.
1.Just take a full backup of your tablet, before trying any thing newly in that. So, that if anything goes wrong, you can recover all your data. So, do a backup with the appropriate backup applications. Plenty of backup applications are available in Google Play Store and Android Market.
2.Next, ensure the battery power of your phone is sufficient to proceed this procedure. In case, if it switched off during the middle of the rooting process for any reason, it will cause undesirable consequences on your phone. So, charge your Samsung Galaxy Core smartphone fully or at least up to 80%.
3.Next install android 4.2.2 USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 on your computer.
4.Next enable the USB debugging option on your phone. If you don’t know how to do follow this tutorial.
5.This procedure is one and only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210 tablet, so don’t try it on any other models or variants.
6.Finally, make sure your phone is factory unlocked. Before proceeding with the procedure first read the tutorial fully, understand what is said and then try. If you are not sure about anything, don’t go unless your doubt was rectified.
Disclaimer : The given below procedure might brick your phone, in case you are not following the instructions properly. So, make sure whatever you are doing is correct and at your own risk. I would not be held responsible for any damage.
1. First, download android 4.2.2 P5210XXUANB2 firmware and Odin v3.09 from here to your computer.
2. Once you downloaded them, switch off your phone and allow it to enter into the download mode. If you don’t know how to enter, just press and hold the power button and Volume Up button simultaneously and wait until you see the construction Android robot and triangle. To confirm the same, again press the power button. That’s it. Now your phone should be in download mode.
3. After that open the ODIN on your PC and connect the same into the tablet while it is in download mode.
4. Once your phone is connected successfully to the computer, the ID: COM section will turn yellow with the port number. This step may take some time to process so, wait until.
5. After that select the downloaded files (which you have done at the first step):
(a)Click on the PDA and select file with the CODE in its name.
(b)Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name. If you can’t find this just skip this step.
(c)Then again click on CSC and select the file with CSC in its name. Like above step if you can’t find this, skip this too.
(d)Next click on “PIT” and select the .pit file. Like above two steps, if you can’t find such file skip this step.
6. Next in Odin, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset time options. As for the re-partition option, check it only if you have selected a .pit file in the step above.
7. Then click the start button in Odin. The installation process will begin in your tablet and will take some time to finish the process.
8. Once the process is finished, your tablet will restart automatically. Once you have seen the home screen, disconnect your tablet from the computer.
That’s it! Now, your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210 has been updated to Android 4.2.2 build software update. Congrats. To check about the same just go to Settings > About phone and then verify.