Samsung recently rolled out the XXELLA official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone. It is an unbranded firmware and includes many new features for this smartphone. Now, it is released over Samsung KIES and available for download.
The users of such smartphones can update their devices manually. The firmware details are as follows:
Regions: Spain, Italy, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, France, UK
If you have updated your phone manually to XXELLA Android 4.1.2 jelly bean, you can now root the latest firmware on the device.
1.Before proceeding, make sure about your device model number by following the path “Settings > About Phone.” If it is another model, please don’t continue.
2.So, if you are sure about your device model number as mentioned above, backup all your important data’s with the help of backup applications.
3.After that charge your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone fully or at least up to 80%.
4.Next install the Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Disclaimer : The given below procedure might brick your phone, in case you are not following the instructions properly. So, make sure whatever you are doing is correct and at your own risk. I would not be held responsible for any damage.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 On Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XXELLA) Firmware:
1. First, Download CF-Root zip file from here and extract the same.
2. Next download Odin file from here (if needed). It helps you to install the Android 4.1.2 on your phone. After that enter your phone into the download mode.
(a)For that first you must switch off your phone.
(b)After that press and hold the home button and volume down button simultaneously and then press the power button until you see the construction Android robot and a triangle.
(c)press the power button again to confirm and to enter into the download mode.
3. Next run the ODIN file as administrator and then connect your smartphone to the PC while it is in the download mode.
4. If you connect your phone properly, the ID:COM section in the Odin will turn into yellow color with the port number. It may take some time, so wait until it is processed.
5. Next click the PDA tab in Odin and select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.
6. Don’t forget to check the F.Reset time and Auto Reboot option in Odin. At the same time you are not supposed to check other options.
8. After that click the start button in Odin and then installation process will begin on your phone.
9. Once the process has done, the phone will restart automatically. When you see the home screen, disconnect your device from the PC.
That’s it! Now, you have rooted your phone successfully. If you want to check about the status, just download the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.