If you are familiar with the rooting process, you probably know that rooting and changing the ROM in android phone remove the manufacturer warranty. But if the phone already have official ROM the warranty will never void. The official ROM for Micromax Canvas HD A116 smartphone is now available. At below I have given the procedure to install the stock ROM on your phone. By installing this ROM, you will back to official ROM and due to that the given below bugs will be fixed on your phone.
1. With a fix of auto-rotation issue.
2. With a fix of unable to install Flip board application.
3. M! store application is removed
4. Live wallpaper is integrated as an option for the user to set as manual.
1.First ensure the battery of your phone is above 75%, so then it will never get switched OFF during the middle of the process.
2.Next take the full backup of your phone.
3.Also backup the important data’s like SMS messages, Whatsapp messages, Contacts, etc., as this would be formatted during the process.
4.Next install the drivers for your phone using Micromax drivers (download link available at this page).
Disclaimer : Follow the given below procedure at your own risk. I would not be held responsible for any damage that occurs to your phone, in case you do not follow the procedure properly.
Procedure to install Stock ROM On Micromax Canvas HD A116 smartphone:
1.Next extract the Stock Rom folder (download link available at this page).
Optional: If you want to install CWM along with official ROM, then replace recovery.img with CWM recovery (Download the updated version of CWM from this page). Note: If you want to get tech support from Micromax Service Center use recovery.img (default), otherwise they will freeze your warranty.
2. Extract and open the SP Flash Tools and run as administrator (download link available at this page).
3. In SP Flash Tools, just click the “Scatter loading” it will ask you the location of the scatter loading file for your phone.
4. In the extracted folder of the stock ROM, go to the folder named “S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16_flasher_user” and select the file “MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc”(it is our scatter loading file).
5. Next Switch off your phone (To make it sure just remove the battery).
6. In Flash tool, go to options and click USB mode so that it is enabled. Click options again and then go to DA, Download All>Speed and finally select High Speed.
7. Click the download option (present on the right of firmware > upgrade option) and flash the tool will start looking for your phone.
8. Connect your phone now. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process; you can see the progress at the bottom of the flash tool.
9. Don’t disturb the process until it gets finished. Otherwise it will brick your phone.
10. Once the process is finished, a green ring will appear on your phone, which implies the installation of stock firmware on your device is successful.
11. Now, disconnect your phone and enjoy.