If you are a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Android phone user and want to update your phone with Kitkat 4.4.2 android firmware follow this tutorial.
The official firmware is not yet released, but custom ROM firmware is rolling out. Cyanogen Mod 11 brings this delightful update to Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
Please be note that since it is a custom ROM firmware it may contain many bugs and also it will void the warranty of your phone.
- Before start to update your phone, charge your phone upto 75% or more. So, then it never get switched off during the middle of the process due to low battery. If it happens, this could damage your device. So, try to charge your phone completely, before initiate the updating process.
- All of us stored some important or personal datas on our phone. By trying updating process they may get deleted. So, before begin the process, take a backup of all the datas as you feel it is important for future use “especially contact numbers”.
- Next enable the USB Debugging mode option in your phone by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. This is very much important so then your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini smartphone can communicate with the computer.
- Finally, make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini was rooted. In case you are not sure about that just download the root checker app from Google Play Store and check its status.
Disclaimer : Please be aware that the given below rooting procedures will void the manufacturer warranty of your phone. Although, the given below methods are safe it may brick your phone, in case you attempt any mistake so liability will be yours. I won’t be held responsible for that.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini:
- Once you have downloaded the files place them on your computer.
- Next enter into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up button and Home Key button.
- While holding them, you need to switch ON your phone. In case, if you fail to enter into the recovery mode by trying this method, just download the ROM Manager app from Google Play Store and it will help you to go there.
- So, once you have entered into the recovery mode successfully, clear the cache and wipe the data with the help of appropriate steps.
- After that select the “install zip from SD card option” and pick the Kitkat file which you have already stored on your SD card.
- Once it was finished, select the Gapps package and allow it to install on your phone.
- Once the process was completed, select the “Go Back > Reboot System Now” option and wait until it get finished.
- To check whether the Kitkat 4.4.2 update was successful on your phone go to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be there.
That’s it! You have successfully updated the Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini smartphone. Enjoy!