If you are a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Android phone user and want to update your phone with Kitkat 4.4.2 android firmware follow this tutorial. The official Android Kitkat firmware is not yet released, but custom ROM firmware is rolling out. Cyanogen Mod 11 brings this delightful update to Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
Please note that since it is a custom ROM firmware, it may contain many bugs and also it will void the warranty of your phone.
- Before updating your phone, charge your phone up to 75% or more, so that it never get switched off during the middle of the process due to low battery. If it happens, this could damage your device. So, try to charge your phone completely, before initiating the update process.
- All of us stored some important or personal data’s on our phone. When you update your phone, they may get deleted. So, before beginning the process, take a backup of all the data’s for future use “especially contact numbers”.
- Next enable the USB Debugging mode option in your phone by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. This is very much important because only by doing so, your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini smartphone can communicate with the computer.
- Download Samsung USB Driver for your smartphone and install it to the computer.
- Finally, make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini was rooted. In case you are not sure about that just download the root checker app from Google Play Store and check its status. If you haven’t rooted your device yet follow these tutorials: Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8200 or Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190
Disclaimer : Please be aware that the given below rooting procedures will void the manufacturer warranty of your phone. Although, the given below methods are safe, it may brick your phone. If that happens, the liability will be yours. I won’t be held responsible for that.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini With KitKat 4.4.2 Firmware:
- First, download the KitKat 4.4.2 firmware and Gapps package to your computer.
- Once you have downloaded these files, connect your smartphone to the computer and transfer them to the SD card.
- Next, enter into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up button and Home Key button and while holding them, you need to switch ON your phone. In case, if you fail to enter into the recovery mode by trying this method, just download the ROM Manager app from Google Play Store and it will help you to go there.
- So, once you have entered into the recovery mode successfully, clear the cache and wipe the data by selecting appropriate options.
- After that select the option “Install Zip From SD card” and pick the Kitkat file which you have already stored on your SD card.
- Once it was finished, select the Gapps package and allow it to install on your phone.
- Once the process was completed, select the “Go Back > Reboot System Now” option and wait until it get finished.
- To check whether the Kitkat 4.4.2 update was successful on your phone, go to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be displayed.
That’s it! You have successfully updated the Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini smartphone. Enjoy!