HTC is one of the best manufacturer of android smartphone. It’s latest model HTC One V is one of the best android device running on android ICS 4.0 with an attractive look.
If you are an owner of such awesome phone and want to root the same follow this tutorial.
1. First and foremost thing you need to do is; take a backup of all your internal datas. Hundreds of apps are available in the Android market and Google Play Store, so choose the one and backup all your datas.
2. Next, make sure the battery percentage level of your smartphone is atleast 75% otherwise, charge them fully.
3. Next enable the USB debugging mode option on your smartphone by following the path Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging.
4. Use only the original USB cable (same one that came with the phone).
5. Your phone bootloader must be unlocked. If not then unlock them from HTCdev.
6. Finally, download and install the HTC USB driver.
Disclaimer : Follow the given below procedure at your own risk. We would not be held responsible/liable for any damage occur to your phone by following the given below procedure.
Procedure to root HTC One V smartphone:
1.First download and install the Superboot image from here and extract the same on your desktop.
2.Turn off your phone and boot up into the bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume down button and Power Button.
3.Once you have entered into the bootloader mode, connect your HTC One V smartphone to the computer using USB cable to your computer.
4.Now select all the other supported models (complete bootloader unlocking from the site listed above once done come back here again).
5.Once you have done the unlock process-proceed as given below:
(a)If you are using Windows PC, run the install-superboot-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.
(b)If you are running Mac OS, then open a Terminal Window at the place where you have put extracted files, it should be desktop. Type the following commands in the Terminal:
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
(c)If you are using Linux as your OS, then open a Terminal where the extracted files exist and type in the following commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh
6.It will take few seconds to root your phone.
7.Once the rooting process is finished, disconnect your phone from the computer.
8.That’s it! Now, you have a rooted HTC One V smartphone.
To check whether your phone is rooted or not open the app drawer in your phone and search for the “Superuser app”. If it is there, then it indicates your phone was successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.