The Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 smartphone runs on an outdated cortex A5 processor and 768 megabytes of RAM. So might not use quality apps on this device. To fix this problem Samsung not yet released any official ROM as of now, but you can get better performance by installing the custom ROMs like Kyle Open and PMP Light ROM.
It is the first custom ROM developed for Samsung Galaxy S Duos. While flashing the KyleOPEN ROM, a orange triangle will appear and it will increase the flash counter. But don’t worry you can reset the counter and remove them by using the Triangle Away app.
Caution : Don’t try this custom ROM (KyleOpen) on any other devices except Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT S7562. And also follow the given below instructions at your own risk. Don’t try if you don’t know what you are doing.
Things You Will Need To Know:
1) First, allow your device to enter into the download mode. But before that, ensure your smartphone is fully charged or the battery percentage level is not less than (75%). Also ensure that any USB cable is not connected into the phone while you try to enter into the download mode.
2) Next, power OFF your phone and don’t select reboot. Now, hold the volume down button + home button and power ON the device. A warning message will get displayed on the screen. Don’t do anything. Just press the Volume Up button to enter into the download mode.
3) When you are in the download mode even if some installation process goes wrong, you can recover your Samsung Galaxy S Duos. When in download mode, you can use the ODIN to flash the recovery and ROM image (which is how we are going to install KyleOpen ROM). Now reboot.
4) Next, enter into the recovery mode by using the volume up button + volume Down button + home button and power on your device.
5) Once you have entered into the recovery mode, use the volume buttons to selecting options and the home button to activate the option. Once you have finished the process, reboot again.
Note: Before installing the KyleOpen ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 smartphone, ensure that your phone is running on XXBMD6ROM. Do not skip this step or else you will face signal or network problems after installing this ROM. So, download the baseband ROM image and flash it using ODIN.
Procedure to Install the KyleOpen ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT S7562:
1. First, download this KyleOpen ROM package to your computer. Next, extract them and save it in a folder.
2. Now, reboot your Samsung Galaxy S Duos into the download mode using the steps mentioned above.
3. From the extracted files, start the ODIN executable file.
4. Once done, click on the PDA button in Odin and choose “kyleopen-cwm5-v3.tar.md5″ file.
5. Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB cable. You will see your device being connected as a COM port in Odin.
6. Now, press the “Start” button and wait for some time while the flashing is going on.
7. Once it gets completed, your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 will reboot automatically.
8. A message will appear on Odin that the flashing was successful and restart your device. Now, an increase in flash counter will happen and due to that a orange warning triangle will get displayed in your smartphone. Don’t get panic as this is quite normal.
10. Now, restart your device and let it boot up completely. That’s it. Now you are ready to upgrade your Smartphone’s stock ROM to KyleOPEN ROM.
Instructions For Updating Stock ROM To KyleOPEN ROM:
1) Before getting started with the upgrade process, you must ensure that your smartphone is running on a proper stock ROM (i.e baseband XXBMD6 or even some versions of KyleOPEN ROM).
2) Next, download the OTA update utility app and install it on your phone.
3) Once done, download KyleOpen Tools and install it on your device. Once done, run the app and check for software updates. If you have rooted your device (follow this tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos), the KyleOpen tools will not show everything properly, although you can update and download ROM’s without issues.
4) You will see an available update. Just download it and save it in your device’s SD card.
5) Next, switch off your device and boot into the recovery mode (follow the steps given above). Clear the data cache and dalvik cache. Once done, choose “Install Zip from SD card” and select the .zip file saved in your SD card. The installation process will begin and it will get completed after few minutes.
6) Now, Reboot your smartphone finally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed KyleOpen ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 android smartphone.