If you have tried to update your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 smartphone by using CyanogenMod 10.1; obviously you were failed, due to fake build and hand problem. Still, if you are looking for some other custom ROMs to install on your phone, you are advised to install the KyleOPEN ROM or PMP ROM.
In this tutorial, I’m going to explain how to install the PMP light ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 smartphone. Full credits goes to the XDA senior member Mohitash. He is the one who developed this ROM for GT-S7562 smartphone.
- Before get into the actual procedure to install the PMP light ROM on your phone; first make sure you have rooted your phone and also installed the CWM recovery on your phone.
- Next make sure your phone battery percentage level is not less than 75-80%.
- Next backup all your datas which are available on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 smartphone by using the appropriate backup applications.
- Please readily have the stock/official firmware; in case if you get into any problem while updating the PMP light ROM, you can get back your original software by updating them.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your phone by following the path Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging -check box
Disclaimer: We are not the developers of this ROM. So if any damage occur to your phone while performing this tutorial please don’t blame us. Do, everything at your own risk.
Instructions for flashing PMP light ROM for first time:
- It is better to do a clean installation of a ROM always.
- First make sure you are on the baseband S7562DDBMD1. If not, then download and flash it via Odin.
- Next download the PMP light ROM v7 update package.
- Once you downloaded the package just copy them into your SD card.
- Switch off your phone. Boot into the clockworkmod recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up button, Down button, Home and Power button until you boot into the recovery.
- After that wipe the data, cache, dalvik cache and battery stats. To navigate to the options use Volume up and down button. For selecting the options use Power button.
- Next install the PMP light ROM v7 file which you have already copied on your SD card.
- Finally reboot your device by selecting the “Reboot system now” option. Please note that the first reboot after installing the PMP light ROM will take some time. So, wait until patiently.
The above mentioned instructions are to flash your Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 Smartphone by using PMP light ROM v7 version. If you want to update the same to the latest version i.e v9 version; follow the given below instructions.
- First make sure you have installed the previous version (PMP light ROM v7). Please be informed that without the lower version (v7) you cannot update to the next version (v9).
- Next download the latest update package from here.
- Once you have downloaded, just copy the updated package to your phone SD card.
- Next reboot your phone to CWM recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up button, Down button, Home and Power button.
- Next wipe the cache and dalvik caches.
- After that install the updated package (PMP Light ROM v9 version) which you have already copied on your SD card.
Once the process is finished, reboot the phone by selecting the “Reboot system now” option. As usual, the first reboot after installing the ROM will take sometime to boot. So, wait until; please do not disturb the process by pressing the keys on your phone.
Here are the some screenshots for you: