Update : PLEASE DON’T try to FLASH your GT-S7562 devices with this file (CM10.1), it’s for Galaxy S devices only, it completely has a different architecture. Plenty of stock modified roms like PMP ROM, KyleOpen ROM etc.. are available for Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 smartphone. So use those ROMs, instead of the Jellybean or Kitkat update, you’ll just have to wait a little more for them.
If you are a Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 user and looking for a best tutorial to update your device with android 4.2.2 Jellybean; then follow this tutorial. At below I have given the step-step-instructions to update along with the quick pre-requisites.
The official android 4.2.2 Jellybean firmware is not yet released for this specific device. But don’t worry you can update the same manually by installing the Cyanogen Mod 10.1 on your smartphone.
Because, the cyanogen mod 10.1 custom ROM includes the android 4.2 Jelly Bean features such as Project Butter, Personalization options, Google Now and minimum bloat ware when compared to the stock ROM.
Without any doubt, the cyanogen mod compatibility is increasing everyday for both the new and old devices arriving from the different mobile phone manufacturers. Many reviews revealed that the cyanogen mod provides more features when compare to the official android firmware.
So, installing the cyanogen mod 10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 on the Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 will allow the users to sustain in the Jellybean environment.
Please be note that this procedure will work only on the Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 smartphone so, don’t try it on another device. If you do so it will definitely brick your phone. So, just make sure of your device model and then follow the tutorial.
Disclaimer : This procedure will void your device warranty and also have some risks; if anything goes wrong by following this tutorial we will not be held responsible/liable.
1) This procedure will wipe all your internal datas; so before attempting this procedure take a full backup by using appropriate applications.
3) And also copy your images, songs, files, videos etc to your SD card so then it will be safe.
4) After that note down your MMS settings and APN settings somewhere either by manually or by using any backup applications. Because, there is a chance to wipe those settings too while updating.
5) Once you have taken the backup of everything uninstall the antivirus apps both on your computer and your Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 smartphone; as this may interrupt the updating process.
6) Then enable the USB debugging mode on your phone; so then it can easily communicate with the computer as it is important to download the zip files. If you don’t know how to enable that option then follow our tutorial on “How to enable the USB debugging option in all android smartphones“.
7) Then if you not yet unlock your android device’s bootloader then do that right now as it is important to update the Jellybean on your phone.
8) Next just check whether your Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 was rooted with the help of “Root Checker” app. Since this is a custom ROM firmware you cannot update your device without rooting.
9) Then download the appropriate USB driver for this model and install the same on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562. Check this article to know how to install the USB driver.
10) Then download and install either CWM recovery or TWRP recovery on your phone.
11) And also install the latest Android SDK or Java SDK on your computer. Please note that, the android SDK should be installed only when you have successfully installed the Java SDK on your PC.
12) Finally, check the battery percentage level of your phone and if it is less than 80% then let them to charge fully.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 With Android 4.2.2 Jellybean:
1) First remove the memory card from your Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 smartphone and insert the same on your computer with the help of card reader. It is not advisable to use the USB cable as the Cyanogen Mod would not work properly on USB cable.
2) In case, if you don’t have the memory card then you can use the USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
4) Once you downloaded them, copy the same in particular folder and give name to that folder as “root”. Save that folder on your SD card. Don’t try to open or run the above mentioned zip files. Just copy them into the folder.
5) Now, take the memory card from the computer and shut-down your Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 smartphone and then insert the memory card on your phone.
6) Now, make your phone to enter into the recovery mode by pressing Volume down key and Home key simultaneously. While pressing them; also press down the Power key together.
7) Now, your device will be in recovery mode. There you need to select or choose the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then “Wipe Cache Partition”. These two options will wipe all your caches completely from your phone memory.
8) Next go to “advanced” settings and then select the “Wipe Dalvik Cache > Dalvik Cache option” to your phone.
9) Now select the “Install zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card” option it will allow you to browse on your SD card. Just select the zip files which you have already stored on your SD card in the “root folder”.
10) Once you select those files; allow it to flash on your phone. After that get back to the main menu by pressing the back button and then reboot your phone.
That’s it! Now, you successfully installed the CM 10.1 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 smartphone. Here after, you can utilize almost 99% similar Jellybean features.