Note: I have updated the tutorial with SilverNexus ROM which will update your Samsung Galaxy S Duos to Android 4.2.2 Jellybean. If you are a Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 user and looking for a best tutorial to update your device with android 4.2.2 Jellybean, then follow this tutorial. Below, I have given the step-step-instructions to update Galaxy S Duos with Android 4.2.2 using SilverNexus ROM along with the quick per-requisites.
The official android 4.2.2 Jellybean firmware is not yet released for this specific device. But don’t worry, as you can update the same manually by installing the SilverNexus ROM on your smartphone.
Some of the best features of this SilverNexus ROM are given below:
1) Google Edition, Samsung, CM9 Imported and AOSP are imported.
2) Custom boot sound and images.
3) Overclock Kernel.
4) Built In Flash player (If not, you have to follow this tutorial to install Flash player).
So, installing the SilverNexus ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 will allow you enjoy the benefits of the Jellybean environment.
Note: Please note that this procedure will work only on the Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 smartphones with baseband version XXBMD6. So, if you device is on different base ROM, download the above mentioned ROM and install it using Odin. Also, don’t try it on another device. If you do so it will definitely brick your phone. So, just make sure of your device model and then follow the tutorial.
Disclaimer : This procedure will void your device warranty and also have some risks; if anything goes wrong by following this tutorial we will not be held responsible/liable.
1) This procedure will wipe all your internal data’s. So, before attempting this procedure take a full backup by using appropriate applications.
3) And also copy your images, songs, files, videos etc to your SD card so then it will be safe.
4) After that note down your MMS settings and APN settings somewhere either by manually or by using any backup applications. Because, there is a chance to wipe those settings too while updating.
5) Once you have taken the backup of everything uninstall the antivirus apps both on your computer and your Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 smartphone; as this may interrupt the updating process.
6) Then enable the USB debugging mode on your phone; so then it can easily communicate with the computer as it is important to download the zip files. If you don’t know how to enable that option then follow our tutorial on “How to enable the USB debugging option in all android smartphones“.
7) Next just check whether your Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 was rooted with the help of “Root Checker” app. Since this is a custom ROM firmware you cannot update your device without rooting.
9) Finally, check the battery percentage level of your phone and if it is less than 80% then let them to charge fully.
Upon finishing with the prerequisites, take a break and then move on to the flashing tutorial.
Tutorial To Update Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 With Android 4.2.2 Jellybean:
1) First, download KyleOpen ROM package to your computer. Extract it and save the extracted files in a folder.
2) Next, switch off your device and boot into the download mode. You can do this by holding the Volume Down button, Home button and then by pressing the Power Button.
3) Now, open Odin from the extracted files, click on PDA button and choose the “kyleopen-cwm5-v3.tar.md5″ file.
4) Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using original USB data cable. Once connected, your device will be displayed as a COM port in Odin. Don’t bother about it. Just press the Start button and the flashing will begin.
5) Once the flashing get’s completed, your device will reboot automatically. Odin will say that the flashing is successful and asks you to restart your device. This results in the number of flash counter and you will see a warning message in orange color in your display. Don’t get panicked as this is normal. Now restart your Galaxy S Duos and boot into the normal mode.
6) Now download SilverNexus ROM v1.01b and SilverNexus 1.4 Update package to your computer. Connect your device again to the computer and transfer these files to the SD card. Once done, disconnect your device from the computer.
7) Now, boot into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up, Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously. Once in recovery mode, choose “Install Zip from SD card” and choose the SilverNexus ROM v1.01b. The installation process will begin and once it gets completed, reboot your device normally.
8) Now again, boot into the recovery mode and follow the same steps as explained before to install the SilverNexus 1.4 Update package.
9) Once done, reboot normally.
That’s it! Now, you successfully installed the SilverNexus ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos-S7562 which will be running on Android 4.2.2 JellyBean. Here after, you can enjoy almost 99% Jellybean features.