Android smartphones are the widely used smartphones among the people. Thousands even lakhs of apps are available in the Android Market and Google Play Store. Since, the android phones have limited internal memory you cannot use several apps on your phone.
But you can overcome this problem by increasing the internal memory of your android smartphone. By partitioning the external memory card of your device, it is possible to use the same as an internal memory with the help of link2SD app and memory card partition.
Although several methods are available to partitioning the memory card; ClockworkMod recovery is more efficient and works on any android phone.
- To proceed with the process you need to root your android smartphone. In case, if you are not sure whether your android phone is rooted or not; just download the ‘Root Checker’ app from the Google Play Store. If it is not rooted then root your android phone instantly by following the right tutorial.
- Next, backup all your datas available on your android smartphone; as the partition process will wipe all your datas.
- Next download and install the ‘Link2SD’ app from the Google Play Store on your phone.
- As I have already said, this procedure requires the ClockworkMod recovery you must be installed the same on your android device. Try to install the latest version of the ClockworkMod recovery.
- Finally, check the battery percentage level of your android phone and make sure it is not less than 75%. If it is less; then charge your phone fully or upto 75%.
Disclaimer : Follow the given below procedure at your own risk. If anything happens wrong on your device we would not be held responsible.
Procedure to Partition of Memory Card:
- First switch off your android phone and boot it into recovery mode by following any method or by using the key combination.
- The Touch doesn’t work in most of the Clockworkmod recovery, use home button for selection and volume buttons for navigation.
- Then choose the “advanced option” and then go to partition SD card.
- After that select the ext size (Make sure it is less than your memory card size).
- For partitioning the SD card; it will take some time so wait until the process is finished.
- After that choose the +++++ Go Back +++++ option and reboot your device.
Instructions to Configure the Link2SD app:
- You have done the partitioning of SD card, now it’s time to download and install the latest version of the app. (In case, if you not yet install the app previously as I have said in the pre-requisites).
- Next grant the superuser permission for the Link2SD app.
- After granting the superuser permission it will ask you to select the file system of your second partition. Just, choose the select ext2 format as given in the below picture.
- Once you confirmed the file system, it will ask you to restart your android phone. So, do it instantly.
- Once your phone was restarted; again open the Link2SD app and select the filter option and choose the “On Internal” option as given in the below picture.
- Once you chosen that option it will show the apps from the internal memory.
- Select the options > Multi select. Finally choose the applications that you want to move to the internal memory.
- Now, again choose the action and then create the link. Choose all the three options i.e Link application file, Link dalvik cache file and Link library files and tap OK.
- It will take some time to create the link to this partition. Once it was created press OK. That’s it! all your applications will be moved to this partition.
- In order to link every new app that you will download to this partition; choose the options and then again choose auto link.
- Hereafter, whenever you download the app either from the android market or from the Google Play Store it will get saved in this partition.
If you want to check the status of the partition memory select option > Storage info. Don’t remove the memory card from your android phone; as your apps will be linked to the SD card, you cannot access them in case if you remove the memory card.