How To Root Micromax Bolt A62 Smartphone

In this guide you will find out the step by step instructions to root the Micromax Bolt A62 smartphone. It comes with the android 2.3 Gingerbread firmware; in case if you want to update the smartphone to ICS or Jellybean then you must root your device. Because, it is not yet officially announced.

But before start to root; keep in mind that it will void your device warranty. So, think twice or thrice before you perform. Since, many rooting methods are available to root the device; it is easy to root with the help of ROM Manager. But for some cases, this method will not work on the device. At such situation you need to do that manually.

Here I have discussed two methods to root the Micromax Bolt A62 smartphone. Choose the one which is convenient and easy for you.

Micromax A35 Bolt How To Root Micromax Bolt A62 Smartphone

Disclaimer : Follow the given below procedure at your own risk. We would not be held responsible if any thing goes wrong on your phone.

Pre-Requirements:

• Backup all your internal stuffs and datas which was available on your phone with the help of backup applications.
  • Next install the Micromax USB driver on your PC. It is essential to connect your phone and the computer.
  • Then enable the USB Debugging mode from development section (you will get it after you connect the device and PC). If you are not getting this option don’t panic just continue as such.

Procedure to root Micromax Bolt A62:

Method 1:

• Once you downloaded both the files then extract and install the same on your computer.
  • Then take the USB cable and connect your Micromax Bolt A62 smartphone to your PC.
  • Now, open the Moborobo application on your computer. It will say that your android smartphone was connected successfully to the computer.
  • Next run the Unlock root tool on your computer and click the green button which shows the “Root”.
  • The device list will pop up. Just select your device from that list.
  • After that it will again pop up a new message which will ask to ‘reboot your phone’. You need to click the ‘Yes’ option to reboot the device.
  • Now, the rooting process will start on your Micromax Bolt A62 smartphone. Once the process was finished it will reboot automatically. So, wait until patiently. In case, if it doesn’t reboot automatically, do manually.

That’s it! Now, you successfully rooted your Micromax Bolt A62 smartphone. Incase, if you are fail with the first method then try the second method which have been given below.

Method 2:

• To perform this method, you need to download the Bin4ry tool.
  • Once you downloaded this tool extract the same on your computer.
  • Open the “Runme.bat” from the extracted folder and choose the option “1-in normal mode”.
  • Then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
  • Once the process was completed, reboot your phone.

That’s it! Now, your device was rooted successfully. If you want to check whether your Micromax Bolt A62 smartphone was rooted or not download the “Root Checker” app from “Google Play Store” and install the same on your phone.

If your device was rooted; install the custom ROMs or firmwares you want and enjoy it’s features on your phone.

About Sathish

Sathishkumar Varatharajan is a Internet Marketer and an avid Android addict. He has been using Android devices for the past four years and has plenty of experiences with rooting them. He will share all his experiences in the form of guides in here.

Comments

1. saief rouhan says:

hello, i have rooted my device with both of this method. and this was great !! .

but i have a wynncom g1 . can you pleease help me to root it ? thanks .

2. Any custom recovery for this mmx A62 ??

3. yah, my wynncom g1 is android. version 2.3.6

sp88 is the cpu

4. After rooting my Micromax Bolt A62 will my device will update the smartphone to ICS or Jellybean?????

5. how to change android 2.3.5 to 4.0 version in micromax bolt a26

• You need to wait for sometime sankar. Because, none of the developer has come with the procedure to change your Micromax phone from 2.3.5 to 4.0 version.

6. Anand gorya says:

can i root my deivce micromax A65 from 2.3 to ICS . if yes then can you tell me the process.

7. Sathish bro check this out n tell me after install this rom 2 my Bolt A62 will my device update to 4.1.2?

• No Aditya, by using custom firmware only you can update your device to 4.1.2.Since this is a stock ROM you can’t.

8. Hey Satish, can i upgrade my ram capacity??

9. santosh Mishra says:

No,there is yet to find Micromax bolt A 62 root ……………….
    how do i delete unwanted apps and ringtones already in micromax bolt a 62 ( Like M zone/games )

10. hiiii Satish can i change my Android version 2.3.5 to 4.1.2

• Hi Praveen as I know, we cannot update the Micromax Bolt A62 smartphone to 4.1.2 firmware version from 2.3.5 version. Because, its hardware limitation never support for higher firmware updates.

11. Dear Satish, i m currently having micromax bolt A62. Will the second method will help me to root my phone?

12. Hey Satish, Can you tell me any method of rooting my phone without pc?

One more question, why does my Micromax A62 use so much ram?

Reply soon.

• Hi Animesh,

For Micromax Bolt A62 smartphone, you cannot root without the help of PC. Sorry to say this.
      And you are asking about why your phone uses so much RAM. This is because, in an android phone generally lots and lots of background apps are running and doing various things like syncing gmail, facebook updates, tweets etc.

Apart from background apps, many unwanted apps are installed on your phone by default. The installation of HD games too may consume more memory. So, better uninstall or disable the unwanted apps on your phone. Just enable them only when you need. Use any task killer they will help you to free up some used space.

13. Happy Saraswati Puja too

14. Hey Satish, I’ve tried both the methods but they didn’t wor…

Is there any way to hack and root my phone manually by just connecting to pc?
    Help me pls….

15. Mahendar pal says:

c an i update my Micromax a62 android 2.3.6 into 4.0 or 4.4

• No Mahendar pal, you can’t update your phone to that versions right now. May be in future, in case, if any developer is working into that.

16. abhishek singh says:

Hey Satish, can i upgrade my ram capacity and internal memory????

• Gayathri Govindaraju says:

You can’t upgrade your RAM capacity and internal memory, but you can increase them. There is a lot of difference between the word upgrade and increase. Hope you understood.

17. Anandhu says:

hi.how to root Micromax a62 mobile.two methods used,but failed. how to root my mobile

18. hi, I did follow the above two methods but its not happening. I’ve gone nuts now. in first method in unlock root after clicking the green root button its not recognising the phone, in second method again nothing happ.

19. can the same procedure be ised for micromax A 65???

20. Tufan Chatterjee says:

Hi! Upto what verson/OS we can root micromax A62 so that its speed & functionality increases.

21. hey what will be the benifits after i root my micromax A62.. bro can u pls tell me the perfect method of rooting my phone which properly works….pls help…. :)

22. Ethan John says:

How to increase the RAM Capacity after rooting. Please give the procedure. Its urgent

23. How to root micromax a26

24. can i update micromax a67 os from ICS to 4.2 jelly been and how ?