How To Enable USB Debugging Option In All Android Smartphones

Enabling the USB Debugging option in android devices especially in smartphones is very important because without that you cannot root or update your Android device. If you are new to the android world probably you don’t know how to do that. So, in this article I have decided to explain about how to Enable USB Debugging option in android cell phones. Generally, the USB debugging option allows you to connect your android phones to the computer and use the android SDK along with it.

Enabling and disabling the USB Debugging option is available in every android phones. But some devices, it will be disabled due to some safety measures. To be very frank, Google developed the USB debugging option only for the developers. They can use this option if they want to test their newly created android app on their phone. So, it is generally disabled. The disabling option prevent the non-developers from the risk of enabling it accidentally. That’s why in the latest Android versions, you can find this option under the “Developer Options“.

How To Enable USB Debugging Mode?

As I have already said, by default this option is generally disabled and hidden. Therefore, if you want to enable the USB Debugging option you need to follow the instructions given below. I have given separate instructions for Android 2.3, 4.0 and 4.2 versions.

Enable USB Debugging In Android 2.3 Or Earlier Version:

Enable USB Debugging Android 2.3

1.First go to “Settings“.

2.Their tap on the “Applications” option.

3.From there go to “Development“.

4.Now, you need to check the (tick) “USB Debugging” to enable it.

Enable USB Debugging In Android 4.0 Or Higher Version:

1.Google has slightly changed this option on Android 4.0 version compared to the previous versions.

2.From the main menu, first go to the “Settings” in your android phone.

3.Scrolling down, you will be able to find the “Developer options“.

4.Tap that option now and you can see the “USB Debugging” option. Just enable it by taping on it.

Enable USB Debugging Mode In Android 4.2 Or Latest Versions (4.4, 5.0, etc):

Enable USB Debugging Mode In Android 4.2

1.In this version, Google has hidden the whole “Developer options” section for the users who are not much familiar to use developing tools.

2.So, to enable it go to “Settings” option.

3.From Settings go to “About” option.

4.From there go the “Build number“. You can find this at the end of the scroll.

5.Just tap that Build Number option repeatedly for 7 times. On the third tap, you will be presented with a message saying you have only 4 more taps to be a developer.

6.Continue to tap until you the message “Hooray, you are now a Developer“. At this phase, go back to the “Settings” page.

7.Now, you will be able to see the “Developer options“.

8.Launch the developer options, then check the “USB Debugging” option. Tap “OK“.
Once this option is enabled, even as a non-developer you can access this option over your device and you will get full freedom to control your android phone. There after you can easily root or update your android smartphone by following the appropriate procedure. Enjoy!

1. Please, give the process of unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos GT-S6802

2. kr.kaushik says:

how can i on it on micromax a47

3. Hemant jaiswal says:

Please let me know how to use otg cable in Micromax canvas doodle A111 for the purpose of connecting printer n as PD reader

4. THANK YOU, Geez, can they HIDE the developer options any better! 7 taps, LOL Thanks again.

5. I have Karboon A1+ which is getting start again and again after the first screen. How can I update my software . I could not setup the USB debugging mode as phone is not getting to the main screen.

6. if any posibility of otg support in my micromax canvas a311 withot rooting process??

7. reghuthalikuzhy says:

How to enable usb debugging in my LG G3 stylus .I have done all procedures and USB debugging is seen enabled with a fading style. But it is not identify in mobogenie and is not possible to root the phone. Please help me.

• reghuthalikuzhy says:

Dear Sathish,
      How to enable usb debugging in my LG G3 stylus . I have already done all procedures and USB debugging is seen enabled with a ‘fading style’. But it is not identifying in PC and is not possible to root the phone. Please help me.

• Hi,

If you have enabled it, then it should work. What error are you getting when you try to connect to the computer?

• reghuthalikuzhy says:

Dear Sathish,
          I have already reached at Developer option and USB debugging ticked. But the case is that when I tick the option it goes fading suddenly and the phone’s USB debugging is not connecting for rooting. My phone is ”LG G3 stylus” purchased recently. It is seen given as ‘made in china’ seen after removing the battery.
          What will be the cause? Pl. help.

8. i am very thankful to android root guides :)

9. Micromax unite 2 upgrade lolipop, after any problem for phone..?

10. Sir ,I got the option USB debugging and ticked also, after connect pendrive with using OTG ,still not finding any USB root…& no massage also….
    Plz hep me……

11. bravo. very useful info bro.

12. Sharath says:

I have enabled USB debugging on Micromax canvas Q380 even then I am not able to test apps on it. When I try to run the app from Android Studio its giving the mobile is Offline or is there any drivers need to be installed on system.

• Sathish says:

Enabling USB debugging will help with file transfer alone. If you want to test custom apps, enable “Installation from Unknown sources”.

13. dear
    i want change os of samsung galaxy gt-s7562
    os is ice cream sandwitch,4.0.4
    is it posible to higher version

14. prakash says:

my mobile askes for Privecy protection password……..
    is the Sp flash tool is the only way ?????

i had tried Clearing eMMC & wiping datas….

15. Thanks a lot.

16. I want to connect my samsung S duos to android studio .but I am not able to connect it to studio.
    Can you let me know the steps?

17. Asraful kamal says:

many many thanx for ur information. I do it