The Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 users can now update their smartphone with android ICS 4.0.3. Please be aware that this ROM is not for duos. So, don’t try to implement this procedure in that model. To follow this procedure you must have ClockWorkMod Recovery installed in your device.
Before proceed with the procedure, I highly recommend you to follow the pre-requisites. So, then you can update the ROM successfully.
- Before start to try this procedure, I highly recommend you to backup all your personal stuffs which includes: SMS,MMS,Contacts,Call history,Apps etc. If possible try to backup your APN Settings too (GPRS,MMS and 3G settings). To backup APN settings just go to “Application>Settings>Wireless and Network>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names”.
- If you already have a custom recovery installed on your phone then we recommend you to take backup by using that since it creates a complete image of your existing phone setup.
2. Next charge your device fully or upto 75%. Because, if the battery level is low it will get Switched OFF suddenly while the ROM is updating. If it happens your phone might get bricked or dead permanently. So, to avoid that we recommend you to charge your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone fully.
3. Next enable the USB debugging mode in your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone is ticked (Check marked).
4. Next uninstall or disable the antivirus apps both in your computer and smartphone; otherwise it will interrupt with the updating process.
5. Make sure the ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your phone as I have already said.
DISCLAIMER: Follow the given below instructions properly. We should not be held responsible/liable if anything happens wrongly to your device. So, do everything at your own risk.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android ICS 4.0.3:
1. Initially, you need to download the ICS ROM from here to your computer.
2. Once you downloaded, connect your computer and Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone with the help of USB Cable.
3. After that copy the downloaded file onto your SD card root folder.
4. Next switch OFF your phone and enter into the recovery mode. To do that, you need to press Volume Up or Volume Down button. It get vary depend on the device and the ClockworkMod version you have already installed.
5. In the ClockworkMod recovery, open the mount and storage.
6. Next wipe the data by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” option.
7. After that go to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card
8. Now, select the ICS ROM which you have placed in the SD card and start to install.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone to Android ICS 4.0.3.