Are you a Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone users and do you want to update your phone with android 4.1.2 Jelly bean taste firmware? Then you are at the right place. At below we guide you through the entire process of updating firmware with the pre-requisites and steps to do so.
- The updating process wipe your data from your phone. So, we advise you to take backup of everything. Here is the few list what should you have to backup before start to update:
- Contacts, Call logs
- Images, Audios, Videos, Files
- APN and MMS settings (To backup this just go to “Application>Settings>Wireless and Network>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names”)
- If you already have a custom recovery installed on your phone then we recommend you to take backup by using that since it creates a complete image of your existing phone setup.
- Next charge your device fully or upto 75%. Because, if the battery level is low it will get Switched OFF suddenly while the ROM is installing or the firmware is updating. If it happens your phone might get bricked or dead permanently. So, to avoid that we recommend you to charge your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone fully.
- Next enable the USB debugging mode in your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone is ticked (Check marked).
- Next uninstall or disable the antivirus apps both in your computer and smartphone; otherwise it will interrupt with the updating process.
- Make sure your phone is rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- Next perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Finally, download and install the USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone.
DISCLAIMER: Follow the given below instructions properly. We should not be held responsible/liable if anything happens wrongly to your device. So, do everything at your own risk.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Taste Custom ROM Firmware:
- First download and install the Taste ROM android 4.1 ROMfor Galaxy Y from here to your computer.
- Next connect your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone to the computer using USB cable.
- Next copy and paste the downloaded zip file to your SD card root and not in any folder.
- Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- After that enter into the recovery mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. Now, you will get an exclamation mark now.
- Again hold your Volume Up and Power buttons. You should now be in your recovery mode.
- Next wipe a data by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. To select the option use the power button.
- Then perform a wipe cache by selecting “wipe cache partition”. It is optional. But we recommend you to do. So, that you won’t get boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- After that go to the main recovery menu and select “install zip from SD card,choose zip from SD card”.
- Now, select the zip file you have placed in your SD card with the help of Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- After the installation completes, go to “Go Back” option and reboot your phone by selecting the “reboot system now”.
- Since, it is the first reboot it will take more time so please be wait until.
That’s it!Now, your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone have a Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Taste ROM. Enjoy! If we helped you, hit a like button to thank us!