Are you a Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone user and do you want to update your phone with android 4.1.2 Jelly bean taste firmware? Then you are at the right place. Below, I have given a guide with the entire process for updating Samsung Galaxy Y firmware to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- The updating process wipe your data from your phone. So, we advise you to take backup of everything. Here is the few list what should you have to backup before start to update:
- SMS, MMS, Call Logs.
- Images, Audios, Videos, Files.
- APN and MMS settings (To backup this just go to “Application>Settings>Wireless and Network>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names”)
DISCLAIMER: Follow the given below instructions properly. We should not be held responsible/liable if anything happens wrongly to your device. So, do everything at your own risk.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Using Taste ROM:
- First download the Taste ROM for Galaxy Y from here to your computer.
- Next connect your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone to the computer using USB cable.
- Next copy and paste the downloaded zip file to your SD card root and not in any other folder.
- Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- After that enter into the recovery mode. You can do that by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Next wipe data by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. To select this option, use the power button.
- Then perform wipe cache by selecting “wipe cache partition”. It is optional. But we recommend you to do, so that you won’t get boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- After that go to the main recovery menu and select “install zip from SD card” and choose ROM package which you have saved in the SD card with the help of Power button.
- Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure will start.
- After the installation completes, go to “Go Back” option and reboot your phone by selecting the “reboot system now”.
- Since, it is the first reboot it will take more time so please be patient until your device starts.
That’s it! Now, your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone have Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware with the help of Taste ROM. Enjoy! If we have helped you, share this tutorial on your social media accounts to thank us!