How To Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360

In the previous article, we have discussed about how to root the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360. In every rooting article I have mentioned that, the rooting voids your manufacturer warranty. If you are worried due to that and you want to reclaim the same, then don’t worry. You can easily get it back by following this simple tutorial. So, let’s find out how to unroot your device.

1. First make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone is rooted. You can check that by downloading the “Root Checker app” from the Google Play Store.
  2. Next, charge your device fully or upto 70% so, that it won’t get switched OFF during the process.
  3. The one and only way to unroot your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 device is to apply the stock firmware. So, download the appropriate firmware based on your region from here.
  4. Next download the Odin file from here.

DISCLAIMER: Follow the given below procedure at your own risk. We will not be held responsible/liable if anything happens to your device.

Samsung-Galaxy-Y-GTS5360

Procedure To Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 Smartphone:

1.  Once you downloaded the above mentioned two files, extract them and place them in your desktop.
  2.  Next double-click the Odin executable file and it will launch.
  3. After that, click on the “PDA” and select the stock firmware file you have extracted to your desktop.
  4. Check mark the “Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time” boxes and uncheck the “Repartition” box.
  5. Next turn OFF your device and allow it to enter into the download mode. To do so, you need to press the Volume Down button, Home button and Power button together.
  6. Next press the Volume Up button to continue.
  7. After that connect your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone to the computer with the help of USB cable.
  8. Now, hit the start button in the Odin. It will start flashing the stock firmware.
  9. Once the process is completed, your device will automatically reboot.

That’s it! Now, your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone will revert to the stock firmware and has no root access.

Comments

1. i rooted my galaxy y & increased internal memory upto 1 gb by doing partition of sd ; but due to some problem.. now i had to unroot my device but i dont get back my 1 gb memory which i had partitioned during rooting…
    so please help me to get back my 1 gb memory.
    thanks

2. After unrooting the device you cannot get back your memory. But many ways are available to increase your device internal memory without rooting. So, try any one of them.

3. chetan lohani says:

how can i increase the internal memory without unrooting galaxy y..pls tell.thanks in advnce .:)

4. hi follow this tutorial. This is suitable to increase the internal memory of any android phone.

5. Will my device (GT-s5360) get slower on updating it to android 4.0(icecream sandwich) ..???

6. no man.

7. I rooted my phone and it was working perfectly but I deleted the system files and now my phone is not starting. Only the flashing screen ” samsung gt s5360 young”can be seen. Please help me. My phone is galaxy y s5360

8. Hi Deepak!

Many data recovery softwares and apps are available so, try to recover your files by using them.

9. Tengku Mirza says:

Hi … Can u help me to unroot my phone… I have do all the step and the firmware stuff but I still having the superuser which is im still root….
    Also, why my phone always restart by itself in every minute
    please help me… Thanks

10. Hi Tengku!

Try this unroot zip file.

Once you downloaded that file just copy that on your SD card and start your phone in the recovery mode.

Next select the file which you already stored on the SD card and reboot your phone. That’s it! Now, your phone must be unrooted.

11. hello,
    ihave rooted my galaxy y to 4.1.1 and it shows emergency calls only
    i have tried many other roots (rom) but same appears …any help u can provide me..?

12. only the pda? how about the csc and modem?

13. Hello everyone..my galaxy y is teasing me much these days..i need help..
    Problem is a few days before i was charging my mobile and suddenly charging stoped..i reconnect the recharger but nothing happend..i restart it but then mobile started in factory mode.There was written “DOWNLOADING(dont turn off your mobile” so i leave mobile as it was and went to sleep..next morning mobile was in normal condition but when i plug in the charger;before turning on the switch,mobile started showing status of charging..means it was charging for nothing..than a day latter i reset the factory setting of my rooted phone.And now it is not showing charging staus wheather i connect it to charger or not..its not connecting via usb cable..the play store says “authentication required for your google account” and none of the google apps are working and i havent put any type of security on my ID(gmail account)..and when i turn off my mobile it continously shows status of getting charged.
    May be problem is not related to this topic but i am hoping for getting help..plz tell me what has happend to my phone

14. i have the same problem please give me the solution

15. Hello, i tried to root my GT-5360 following all the above steps. Now after all the rooting process my phone is stuck on the logo screen. I even tried to unroot but a message “Installation aborted” appeared. Please help. Thanks in advance

16. hello, friends pls help me when i starts my GT-5360 starts only starts screen will appear so what can i do????

17. Hi! Friends please help me. I tried to unroot my GT-S5360 but the superSU still there and when I open it, the dialog box appear. It says: [There is no SU binary installed, and superSU cannot install it. This is a problem!]
    What should I do?

18. Have you tried uninstalling the SuperSU app after unrooting your device?

19. Hi sir , i’v installed the transparant notification bar in my mobile by watching a youtube tutorial , now my isn’t working and it automatically gets , doesn’t even show the home screen before that it gets rebooted , how do i get my phone back to normal please do help me

20. Well, you have to flash Stock ROM. Get it from the Samsung website and flash it via Odin!

21. hi i updated my Galaxy y GT S5360 up dated with 4.1.2 jelly bean.
    here the problem is keypad is not working.
    “keypad process is unexpectedly stopped” in a popup message
    will u help me please.

22. Download and install a new keypad. You can install this as well: http://www.androidrootguide.com/2014/11/install-android-lollipop-keyboard-device.html

23. tanq
    n is it works???/

24. I nvr rooted my galaxy y but I tried to do software update.. Den in middle my net was off… So my phone is now not getting on..plzzz hlp

25. When i am trying to increase internal memory of my phone i can select ext size 4000mb after it when i can open my android i can see my 8gb sd is now of only 4b how can i regain it

26. The 4GB should have gone to internal memory. If you want to regain it, just flash the device with stock ROM or do a factory reset. Everything will be back to it’s original state.

27. You have bricked your device. Take it to a service center to unbrick it.

28. Tushar Gaikwad says:

I have rooted galaxy y with android 4.1.2 but when I reboot the system my device is stuck on cyanogenmod logo with the cricle moving around it but nothing happens further. its more than 15 mins but still the same process going on. can anyone tell me what to do next?

29. Tushar Gaikwad says:

you said above the device will reboot automatically after the process complete but my device is still showing android logo with downloading written below it. I have selected third PDA file and start flashing it. it says (0 succeed/0 failed). I have followed every single word you shared above. what to do next pls suggest.

30. Arunaksha Mandal says:

Hiiii!!
    I have turned my samsung galaxy y to 4.1.2 . but now i want back the previous software of my mobile . how can I do it ?? please bhaiya fix my this problem…….

31. Arunaksha Mandal says:

please bhaiyaa

32. I will provide a working tutorial for you pretty soon!

33. After rooting my galaxy y my sd card disconnect after 5 minutes automatically plz help

34. Hi! It happened the same to me. Did you solve it?

35. sir, first i rooted my phone then i installed cwm recovery but i didnt bacuped my files and i got stucked in it .now so nothing got restored. And its splashing with galaxy gts5360 logo when i reboot my device. Plz help

36. I have rooted my GT-S5360 nd now it keeps showing “Emergency calls only”. I have rebooted my device several times but no change. Can anybody suggest me a working solution or shall I unroot my device………Please help