Rooting is the best way to customize your device. Without rooting the original life of your device never begins. Obviously, once you root your android device the warranty given by the manufacturer gets void. So, what? You can reclaim the same by updating the original or stock firmware. So, be cool.
In this tutorial, I have clearly explained how to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone. It has created the buzz in the Indian cell phone market due to its low price. You cannot buy a good multinational branded android phone at this low price. This is the main reason for its popularity in Indian market.
Read it Before start to root:
- Do you have any idea of rooting the android device? Do you have experience in that? If not, then ask help from the experienced person. Because the rooting procedure has some risk if you attempt without knowing about that your device may brick at the end.
- Don’t try this procedure other than Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone. Because, the instructions may vary for every models and variants.
DISCLAIMER: Follow the given below procedure at your own risk. We will not be held responsible/liable if anything happens wrongly to your device.
- Before start to root your device we highly advise you to take backup of all your internal datas (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Audios, Videos, APN Settings, Images, apps etc). Because, once you root your device all your datas will get wiped off. If you have backup of all your datas you can easily get back everything.
- Next charge your device fully or atleast upto 80% otherwise, your device may get switched OFF during the middle of the rooting process.
- Next enable the USB debugging mode in your Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone. Just go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. There you will find the option to enable.
- Next uninstall or disable all the antivirus suites both in your mobile and computer. Because, this may interrupt the rooting process.
So, once you have followed all the pre-requisites, next go to the given below procedure. There we have explained clearly how to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone.
Step-by-Step instructions to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone:
1. Initially you need to download the zip file for rooting process. So, download the same from here.
2. Once you downloaded keep it directly on your SD card. Don’t place it in any folder. Please make a note that you should not extract this file.
3. After that switch OFF your phone. So, that it can enter into the download mode.
4. To enter into the download mode just press the Home button, Power button and Volume Up button. Keep holding these three buttons until you see the Samsung logo.
5. Now, let go of the buttons. After that you will see some message in red color. If you can able to see such message now, you are in recovery mode.
6. While you are in recovery mode, your touch screen will not work only the Home button, Volume button and Power button will work. So, for going up and down use the Volume button. For selecting particular option use the Home button. If you want to go back then use the Power button.
7. Next select the “Apply Update from SD card” with the help of Home button.
8. Choose the downloaded zip file which you have already placed in your SD card and select “YES”.
9. Once you select the “Yes” option you will taken to another screen there will find the option to reboot your device. Select the “Reboot System Now” option.
10. Since it is a first reboot your device may take some time to switch ON. So, wait patiently.
11. To check whether your device is rooted or not, just go to apps, and if you can see the Superuser app, your device has successfully rooted.
12. Now, open it and update the binaries.
That’s it. Now, you successfully root your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone. Bravo!