In this article you will find the easy steps to root Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone and also to install CWM Recovery on the same phone. But before that please read the prerequisites and disclaimer. This article is one and only for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 device. So, don’t try it on other device. Let’s begin.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible/liable, if anything happens wrongly to your device by following the given below instructions. Do everything at your own risk.
- We highly recommend you to take backup of all your personal stuffs before starting to root your device. In case, if your datas are erased you can recover all the datas with the help of backup.
- Charge your device fully to avoid the risk of your device getting switched off due to battery low.
- Next enable the USB debugging mode by following the path Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box
- Finally, install the USB drivers in your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 device. (Download USB Drivers or Samsung KIES).
Procedure Root Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000:
1. First download the “CF-Root”, as per the android 2.3.6 Gingerbread baseband version at given below. You can check the baseband version by following the path Settings>About>Baseband Version.
2. So, once you downloaded the above mentioned CF file based on your Baseband version, extract it onto the desktop.
3. After that again download the “Odin” file from here and extract that too on your desktop.
4. After extraction, switch OFF your mobile, take the battery out and insert it back.
5. Now, boot your phone into the download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down key and Home key together, and then press the Power key until the android construction logo appears. To confirm that again press the Power/Volume up keys.
6. Next open the “Odin.exe” from the extracted folder and connect your android smartphone to the PC with the help of USB cable.
7. If your device is successfully connected with the computer the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow.
8. Next click on the “PDA” button and select the file “cf-root-xx_oxa_xxx-xx.x-cwm3rfs.tar” (from extracted folder).
9. Ensure that the F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are checked on Odin.
10. Now, tap the “Start Button” on Odin and initiate the installation process.
11. The Installation process will take some time so wait patiently until the process is complete. After that a “PASS” message on Odin will pop up and then your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 will reboot automatically.
That’s it now your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone is successfully rooted. Enjoy! Also, If you have found any difficulties while following this procedure then let us know in the comments section. We will try to rectify your problem.