Those who have bought the new Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500 smartphone can now update their device with XXUBMEA Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. Though the official update is not yet released, you can still update your device manually. Below is the step-by-step instructions to update your device manually.
Disclaimer: We should not held responsible/liable for anything if goes wrong while following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- Before starting to update, first backup your personal data. Because after updating your device, the data will wiped off and with the help of backup, you can restore the data’s. Don’t backup with the help of KIES PC Suite.
- Next enable USB Debugging Mode by following the path “Settings>More>Development Options>USB Debugging”.
- Next charge your device fully to avoid the risk of getting switched off during the middle of the process.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500 With XXUBMEA Jellybean 4.2.2:
2. Once you downloaded, then extract both the files.
3. After that open Odin on the computer.
4. Now, turn OFF your device so that it can be entered into the download mode. By pressing the Volume Down Key + Menu Button + Power ON button, you can easily enter into the download mode.
5. Once you see the download mode green color robot, release those buttons.
6. Next connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500 to the computer with the help of USB cable. If you have USB drivers installed successfully then the ODIN ID:COM section will turn into yellow color or green color.
7. Next click “PDA” in Odin to select the rooting tar file which will be there in the extracted folder. Now, click on “Start” to start the process of updating.
8. Once the device is updated, it will get rebooted automatically. Please make a note that it will take a longer time than expected for booting because this will be the first boot after installing a new ROM.
Note: Please keep in mind that you should not disconnect the smartphone from the computer until you see the home screen in your smartphone or the language selection options.
That’s it. Now you have successfully Updated Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500 With XXUBMEA Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware! If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial do let me know.